Beacon's Fall

Y/N POV

Early the morning after the mission my team and I ride out in the bullhead bound for Amity Arena. Taking our seat we hear Port's voice.

Port: "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to this year's biannual Vytal Tournament!!!!"

The crowd goes crazy. 

Oobleck: "We've got quite the show planned for you boys and girls today. And it all starts with the team rounds."

The first teams enter the arena. 

Oobleck: "To kick off the very first match is team STRM from Atlas against team GRVE from Mistral."

Port: "Now, without further delay. Let this tournament, begin!!!"

They all rush at each other. But as they do a roar is heard. Looking up we see bullhead flying overhead. But as they do they release crates. The second they hit the ground explosions and fire erupt coating the area.

Speaker: "This is an emergency. Please evacuate to the nearest safety bunker."

I jump out of my seat heading back to Beacon. In doing so I see fire ravaging the place.

Y/N: "Who would do such a horrible thing?"

I see a silhouette atop Beacon Tower. Getting there I see a red haired male that's clad in black.

Y/N: "Are you the one responsible for all of this?"

Man: "What if I am?"

I narrow my eyes.

Y/N: "What's your name?"

Man: "What's it matter to you kid?"

Y/N: "So I can tell everyone who the villain is."

I withdraw my sword rushing at him. Bringing it down it's caught by his own.

Man: "Do try harder."

I grit my teeth as he smugly smiles. Thinking quick I send my foot into his ribs making him wheeze. He returns the favor by kicking my chest. I go flying off Beacon Tower. Reaching into a pouch I withdraw my newest trick item.

Y/N: "Please work."

Aiming it a line is launched hooking the ledge of Beacon Tower. As it was designed the line self retracts launching me back on the roof.

Man: "Seems like this won't be a one sided fight after all."

I fire the line at him hooking his coat. I'm quickly pulled in where I bring my sword down on him. It however collides with his sword. Gritting my teeth I repeatedly swing my sword at him. But each and every time he manages to get his sword to take the hit. On the final strike he smiles widely.

Man: "My turn."

He waves away my sword swinging his. But as he does a red wave of energy rips its way to me. I sidestep avoiding the blast. But he quickly releases another one which heads straight for me. I hold my sword defensively. The wave hits my sword immediately making all my muscles tighten. 

Man: "Not bad. But how long can you hold it?"

The attack begins pushing me back. Looking over my shoulder the edge rapidly approaches. A crack is heard. Looking grants me the sight of my sword beginning to break. Gotta get the upper hand, and fast. But how? Looking to the side I see a chunk of Beacon Tower coming loose. 

Aiming one end of the trick item a line fires attaching to the chunk. Aiming the other end a secondary line is fired attaching to the man's chest. The lines quickly retract smashing the chunk against the man's face. He stumbles becoming dazed. Meanwhile I withdraw a kamikaze rocket.

Y/N: "Oum let this work."

Taking a deep breath I impale the built in blade into my back. Then rolling the striker the first combustion pouch ignites. I'm propelled towards my opponent. I bring down my sword. He recovers just in time to catch my attack.

Man: "That it?"

Y/N: "Nope."

Quickly pulling out the rocket I hold it in front of his face. The second combustion pouch explodes. We're both consumed in the blast. When I regain consciousness I look at my opponent to see him covered in burns. I smile.

Y/N: "Thank you Oum."

Fatigue sets in finally knocking me out.

3rd POV

On the other side of Remnant we see a lone figure looking at a projection displaying the carnage unfolding at Beacon. Upon their face is an angered scowl. Their eyes fall on the feed showing Y/N's fight with Adam. Near the end they smile seeing Y/N win.

Figure: "Seems he's the one after all."

They gently caress the image of a passed out Y/N.

Figure: "Rest child. Rest and reclaim your strength."

They wave their hand dismissing the projection. They then turn revealing themselves.

Salem: "Because you'll need it for when we fight

Salem: "Because you'll need it for when we fight."