29. 𝑩𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑩𝒐𝒚

Start from the beginning

The comment made Hinata laugh, they definitely know something.

She then received a much less affectionate but still very warm from Naruto's god father. At this moment, Sasuke patted Naruto on the back and dragged him to where the rest of their friends were. Clearly the god parents wanted to get know his girlfriend.

Already digging in the party snacks, Choji got up from the couch and shared a brotherly hug with Naruto. "Happy birthday Nardo!" Karui gave Naruto a hug too then handed him a big box. It had very light weight to it. "And this is?" Karui laughed "It was Chojis idea...". Naruto didn't want to know what that meant so he nodded slowly and set the box on the ground. Sasuke and Naruto never really exchanged gifts but since Sasuke was with Naruto on his actual birthday, he gave him a gift card to his favorite ramen spot. "You got me this last year" he snorted. Sasuke shrugged "Well you never complain."

Sakura's gift was sweet as usual. She wrote him a nice card detailing her love for their friendship and got him some new manga he said he'd been wanting. Sai and Shino gifted Naruto a couples massage and one day spa voucher. "You don't have to take Hina.. I like massages too." Shino elbowed Sai "Of course he's gonna take Hina... unless we bought these expecting him to take you?!" . Sai smirked at his boyfriend "Babe I'm just kidding!". But when he turned he mouthed to Naruto "Invite me".

The blondes heart was over the moon for this gathering. It really had been such a long time since he celebrated his birthday with everyone. Their was always the remembrance of pain. It made him filled with shame to celebrate anything without his parents. They made him, and they could no longer be here to celebrate the day their creation was born. What tugged at his heart strings harder is that.. Hinata knows this very same pain. So in reality this was much more than a birthday celebration, this was Hinata showing Naruto that she see's him, and that he has someone to turn his dark into light. Amidst conversation with his friends, Naruto glanced back at the kitchen counter, to which sometimes Hinata met his eyes and winked him. That was his girl... his love.

In the kitchen, Tsunade asked Hinata a million questions about her and Naruto. Both her and Jiraiya wanted to know the details about how they got together and why it took Naruto nearly two months for them to finally be introduced. "Well I always knew who he was since we went to high school together but we never spoke". Tsunade couldn't believe it. SINCE HIGH SCHOOL Naruto knew of her existence and did not make any moves. This girl was charming, sweet, kind, articulate. Minato and Kushina would've adored her. "I wish I could say he was dropped on his head as a baby but he wasn't. I don't know what makes that brain of his run in circles."

Hinata couldn't help but laugh at much of their commentary. They continuously dragged their god son as well as praised him. "I mean to be fair I was really shy back then. I also had a boyfriend and he had a girlfriend."

Jiraiya's face scrunched up at remembrance "Oh yea.. her. His folks never liked that girl. But tell us something sweetie.. you met again this year?". Hinata was getting nervous. She didn't know what they knew. If they knew their god son had a plan to win back the very girl they disliked but then fell deep in love with Hinata, how would they react to that? Tsuna could see the nervousness on her face. "We don't know what he did but please.. feel free to tell us."

The stuttering started "Oh uh-uh- yea we meet again this year. He came with our friends to get books in the library. Then there was more group outings and.." As Hinata recounted those three months of chaos, laughter, fights, make ups and even break ups, a true genuine smile grew on her face. She lost all nervousness she previously held. Her head naturally looked to the side where Naruto was engrossed with some game everyone was playing in the living room.