19. 𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓

A.N: This chapter is long as fuck.
********************************************
The week and a half she spent without Naruto was an up & down roller coaster of emotions. It kept her up at night that he could make her feel so many things in such a short amount of time.

He made her angry, jealous, then made her laugh as a way to get her to talk then she felt sympathy then comfort.

But over all after that Sunday the one emotion that stuck with her like glue was love.

It was solidified the second they left the cemetery. Watching him let her take a peek into his world & the demons inside of it... sprang up love like spring flowers after winter. And every day that week and a half she was apart from him it sprouted.

Monday, she was okay. Hinata had two classes, a shift at the library & that night her and Shino were staying in to watch rupauls drag race. A typical wholesome Monday.

The near dead quiet library environment had  her mind go on several excursions. A lot about Saturday night wasn't clear to her. She remembered going to the party with Toneri, & for the first time being a little annoyed with him. She didn't remember much about her time with him. Subconsciously she knew that was a mistake, she shouldn't have used to Toneri, who obviously liked her, to try & forget about Naruto temporarily.

But she was just so damn pissed! As she thought about it while working... she's never really felt jealousy before. As her and Kiba grew into their looks he did get a lot of female attention. But he was on her body all of the time being so loving, if anything he was the jealous one. Hinata never felt she had to compete with a girl for attention, probably because it came so naturally. However she was always chicks before dicks. She never believed in fighting for a man's affection.

Yet... the mere thought of Naruto being with someone other than her.. pained her. Even if she wasn't competing, Hinata felt she didn't come close. Naruto is in love with her , massively, she thought to herself. He may not have ever been open about how Ino was pursuing him as their plan went on but there were times he made his feelings clear. Yet that was in the beginning.

In the past month, he hadn't mentioned her at all.

When Tuesday came by
it was like he lived in her brain.

Princess we need to take a picture here

You're such a little romantic hime

You mean so much to me... too much.

Every word he ever said to her in the past two months replayed in her mind like an endless song. Every memory they shared started surfacing & she couldn't handle it. She wanted to text him to tell him she missed him and that she was feeling like she wanted to be much more than a fake girlfriend.

But he loves Ino. And she promised to help him get his dream girl. That was a promise she was sure to keep.

Toneri and her texted throughout the day. She apologized for leaving him on Saturday but he didn't seem bothered... just that he wanted to hang out with her again & she said yes.

When Karin pulled her into the bathroom at the field trip weeks ago, she told her to either tell Naruto how she felt or try to move on.

Of course... she wasn't ready to do either. But Toneri's presence was distracting, although she knew he could never replace her fake boyfriend. The events of the weekend stressed her out even more. Now her heart belonged to the blonde & there was no where else left to turn.

***

WEDNESDAY

The last book was carefully placed on to the shelf, her fingers slowly leaving the bind. Her dainty hands grabbed the keys, locked the double glass doors, and she walked to her car. Her mind repeated a single phrase "I can do this".