26. 𝑻𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

A.N: 4K READS WOW YALL IM SO GRATEFUL!!!! From the bottom of my heart thank you so much to every single one of you who have read, voted & commented on this story. Like I said before, the updates on the story slowed down simply b/c we are nearing the end of the story & I don't want to rush to it just yet. TYSM everyone for your kind words & love.

It was an irrefutable fact that he felt guilt

It was an irrefutable fact that he felt guilt. Years of it. When you're young you don't mean to do bad things. Sometimes shit just happens. But when you do the same bad thing, over & over again. It's no longer a mistake...

"Ugh what do I have to do? I got her flowers, I wrote a nice letter telling her how pretty I think she is! I even asked her father if it was okay to take her out. God anything I do and Ino still won't be give me a chance."

Shikamaru listened quietly as Naruto went on and on about Ino, every day...

"Maybe you should just give it rest. You know there are other girls in the world besides Ino."

He sighed in distress " Arrg! But I don't want any other girl. I want her!"

They were in eighth grade. By this time
Shikamaru and Ino were each others first kiss. His best friends obsession was starting to annoy him.

The locker slammed shut. A turn to the right and she was spooked beyond her wits. "Oh my god Shika you scared me!".

The look in his eyes was dark... no longer the calm and friendly face she was used to. "We need to talk. Alone" he said gravely.

Ino tensed up a bit "O-okay."

After school they walked to her house. In her bedroom, Ino had a turning stomach, unsure of what to think about a pacing Shikamaru.

"Wh-what did you want to talk about?"

His mind was racing, his stomach was in knots. At the time his heart was in the right place.

"Ino... you know Naruto  is in love with you. Why won't you just let him down for good instead of playing with his feelings?"

Her nervous stomach was erased by clenching fists "I'm not playing with his feelings. I've told him plenty of times I'm not interested. It's his fault he thinks being nice and flirting are the same thing."

"You know that's not entirely true."

She rolled her eyes "You're right... maybe I like the attention. At least someone is open enough to give it to me."

The brunette stopped. "That's not fair Ino."

"How? Shikamaru we-we kissed! We've made out we've ... we've done stuff together and yet at school you treat me like another one of the guys!"

He pinched his nose in frustration "Ino ... do you know what would happen if we actually went out? Naruto would hate us! More importantly he would hate me. He's my best friend."