Chapter #26:

The female ninja gradually opens her eyes, feeling the sun's rays through the window caressing her face, along with the delicate hand brushing her hair. It was so cautious and gentle, as if the person's life doing it depends on how she/he handles her, trying its very best not to wake her up.

Hanabi groans as she forces herself to sit up and lean her back against the wooden board of the bed. As the female ninja lifts her head, a gentle scarlet colored orb locked with hers. Its blonde hair was swaying along with the gentle breeze of sunshine as her lips eventually curved into a placid smile as well as her eyes that seemingly got lost and formed into a straight line.

Seeing Kagura's face the very first thing in the morning was'nt actually that bad. The female ninja thought at the back of her mind.

"You're awake now." the omnyouji master uttered in a soft yet delighted voice.

"Ahh... yes, I'm finally awake. I guess." Hanabi clears her throat as she gazes around the four corner room. Kagura who noticed the confusion on the female ninja's face sat beside her and removed the herbal leaves she used to mend Hanabi's wounds.

"Do it still hurts?" Hanabi only shakes her head slightly, simply saying no.

"Hayabusa saw you in the woods... not so far from the village, lying on the ground... unconscious. So, he brought you here, in my place. You've been asleep for a week and, until now, we're still trying to find out who attacked you causing these bruises." Kagura said, to make it easier for Hanabi to understand the situaton.

"Attacked me?" the female ninja asked in confusion. Kagura only gave her an assuring smile, as if saying that she shouldn't worry and that, everything is fine.

"Go on and soak yourself with the water I prepared for you. It will cleanse your body as well as your mind." the omnyouji said as she offered the female ninja a clean towel.

"You haven't answered my question yet. You said I was attacked by--- " her words got cut off when Kagura turned her back on her and said, "I will let the others know that you have finally woken up. We will be waiting downstairs."

"but--- "

"There are things that are better left unsaid, Hanabi. For your sake, I believe. We are already looking into this dilemma. All you have to do is wait and we will decide what's best for you." the omnyouji master uttered before striding out of the room, leaving the female ninja alone. Hanabi only blinked a few times and blurted a soft laugh.

"She sounds like father."

"She's awake now." Kagura announced as soon as she reached the patio downstairs where the men are having conversation that eventually stopped noticing her presence.

"I cast a spell on her bathing water. The water will cast into her mind, cleanse her memory and those reminiscence will eventually enter my mine." the omnyouji master said as her umbrella beamed in a much brighter hue of sky.

"What do you mean?" Julian asked, with a crease drawn on his forehead. The same reaction can also be seen on Hayabusa. Confused.

"The divine spell I cast into the water can invade one's mind, as well as the memory, what they are currently thinking and, even the forgotten occurrences. My magic can dig deeper until the very beginning of one's existence, it will never stop until it reaches its limit. I learned it from our past master who subdue all the omnyouji spells." Kagura blurted with such beaming pride.

"Your father." Hayabusa mumbled, enough for the lady to hear, but only chose to ignore it and walk on her way towards the end of the patio where the various herbal plants scattered, glittering in different hues.