ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #04 :

Bursting into her room, Hanabi collapsed onto the bed, squeezing her eyes shut in an attempt to forget the day's events.

Her nightmare, her, being jealous of Kagura.

She forced herself to forget everything but her mind just couldn't. Jealousy slowly consuming her once again. A wave of anger tightened Hanabi's fist as she recalled the blush creeping across Kagura and Hayabusa's faces when she'd teased them about a date tomorrow.

A series of knock interrupted her deep thoughts. She opened her eyes as she stood up and eventually headed towards the direction of the door and opened it.

"Hanabi..."
"Father? " her father went inside her room and scanned her things while Hanabi just sat up in her bed facing her father.

"What are you doing here father? "
"I just want to make sure that you're alright." with a dismissive roll of her eyes, Hanabi flopped onto her bed, burrowing into the covers and staring up at the ceiling.

"I am more than fine," she answered.
"I doubt that." the Shadow Grandmaster said as he sat beside his child.

"Lately, I noticed that you're always spacing out. I wonder what's running inside that head of yours." her father added, that somehow brought comfort to her.

"Just thinking about how to defeat Hayabusa, I guess..." she responded, still staring at the ceiling.

"Is that really--" Hanabi's father's voice trailed off abruptly, cut short by the sudden slam of her body onto the bed.

"Father, I have something to ask you." she said, hesitation could be read in her voice.

"What is it, my daughter? "
"Do you know someone named Ha--- " she hesitated, a flicker of warring in her eyes. With a slight shake of her head, she dismissed the thought.

"Uhm... nothing father, nevermind." the man she encountered lingered in her thoughts, a question mark she wasn't sure her father could answer, bringing it up also feels dangerous.

Her father looked at her with  suspicion in his eyes but chose not to ask a question, and she felt relieved because of that.

"I saw you... " she looked at her father who was strangely grinning at her now.
"Saw what? " she asked, a frown formed on the Scarlet ninja's face.

"At the entrance..." her father said, still grinning from ear to ear, and she only gave him a questioning look.

"Is there something going on between you and Hayabusa? " her jaw dropped at what he just said.

"What are you talking about?" a creased form on Hanabi's forehead.

"Oh my little daughter is a lady already." her father giggled.
"There is literally nothing between us father." she responded as she gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Is that so? Then why are you blushing right now? "

She gritted her teeth once again because her father was right. She felt her face turning hot and she's certain, she looks like a tomato.

"Because I am mad.. " her father just chuckled and got on his feet.

"There's nothing wrong with having a little crush on someone Hanabi." he teased once more.

"What?! I am not, okay? Could you please just get out, father? " she exclaimed, her father just chuckled and headed to the door, but before stepping out he said something again that made her daughter's blood boil, "Actually, I've been thinking about marrying you off with Hayabusa."

"Father!" she exclaimed, feeling embarrassed already.

The Scarlet Grandmaster just responded with a chuckle and finally step out of her room.