1

Today is Camelot's opening night. Steve went home early telling Pippa he's not feeling well. She has no choice but to let him since she can't leave the party yet.

"Pippa, you have to stop drinking. That's your fifth since Steve left." Anna told her but she pretended not to hear anything.

"Woman, I swear if you don't stop I'll call him"

Pippa smirked, "Oh as if he cares."

Anna's mood suddenly changed and Pippa knows exactly what will happen next. Anna fixed her chair facing directly to Pippa as if she's waiting for an explanation. "Are you gonna spill it or I'll spill your drink?"

Phillipa inhaled deeply before speaking, "I don't think it's working anymore"

The past few months have been really tough for them. They kept on fighting over simple things until one day no one bothered to argue anymore. Instead of trying to prove a point, they'd just brush it off and pretend nothing happened. The screams and shouts turned into silence, and they don't know which one is worse. They both feel they're slowly fading away from each other but no one dared to admit it, no one dared to talk.

Anna have already suspected it but she still felt shocked hearing it directly from her. She knows Phillipa enough to know that when she said this, it means she lost all her will to try. Pippa won't tell her things unless she's sure of it. She stared at her for a while and tried to examine her eyes but she got nothing. For the first time, she can't read her thoughts.

————————-

Pippa arrived around 2AM. 
"Hey, you're home" Steve greeted her but she is furious so she pretended not to hear anything and went straight to their bedroom. She knows nothing good will come out of her mouth especially now that she's drunk. (So drunk that someone had to escort her right in front of her unit's door)

Steve followed her and saw her struggling to take off her dress. "C'mon babe, I'll do it." She let him help her since she knows its gonna take her forever and the dress is really killing her.

"Thanks, I'm gonna get ready for shower" she told him and Steve went out of the room. Pippa was preparing her night clothes when Steve's iPad lit up from the corner of the table...

[iMessage notification from Ahna O'Reilly:
Hey, steve! If you happen to see a necklace that has a crescent pendant, pls let me know. I may have lost it somewhere. Anyway, I hope you clear your mind and feel a little better now.]

Flashback:
  "Ma'am, I believe this belongs to you."  The doorman handed her a necklace she can't identify.

"Oh no, I don't seem to have that kind of necklace" she said with conviction although she's not sure because she's aware she's really dizzy right now.

"One of the new janitors earlier saw it here in the elev and he said he saw it after you and sir Steve went out so I'm sure it must be yours." she accepted it as they proceed to her unit.

She thanked the doorman and took her time before going inside her house.
—————-
The minute she stepped on the shower, she felt so lightheaded. She isn't sure if it's the alcohol or the fact that reality just slapped her so hard when she least expected it.

"How was the party?" Steve asked Pippa as she fix herself before going to bed. It was a long day for her and although she feels really tired, she knows her thoughts won't let her sleep.

"My head is still spinning. Had too much drink I guess." She replied coldly. She can feel Steve staring at her and when she looked at him back, he immediately broke it off.
__________

Her whole body froze when Steve held her waist and kissed her neck. "Hmmm Steve? What ar...."

"Sssshhhhh, I missed you so much" Steve breathily whispered in her ear which sent shivers down her spine. There's something about the way he touches her that makes her weak. She knows this is the last thing they should be doing right now, but a part of her doesn't want it to stop.

"I missed you too" those words come out from her mouth as if they've been trapped there for quite some time.

"Damn, I miss every part of you."
The moment he said that, the thoughts in her head were replaced by pleasure, by excitement. Deep down, she knows there was a sense of longing for this and so she let her guards down. At this moment, nothing else matters.

Tonight it's him and me. For the last time.