Prologue: Reunion

As I lay on the brink of death, my thoughts wandered back to the journey that had led me here. Becoming a doctor had been a grueling path, filled with hardship, but it had also brought me into contact with many wonderful people. Despite all that, a feeling of emptiness persisted for many years. I thought I had reached my highest potential once I became a fully fleshed-out doctor. However, most days become really monotonous and boring.

The hospital I worked in, mostly had old people so I didn't get to interact with many people my age, though there was this girl called Sarina. She liked the newly famous idol Ai. She was the one who introduced me to the idol world. I loved how she was so bright every time I watched one of Ai's concerts with her.

Unfortunately, she passed away way too soon and couldn't fulfill her dream of becoming an idol herself. The following four years were utterly empty for me and nothing meaningful happened until I was ordered to take care of a strange boy.

Even with his injured limb, he showcased an exceptional quality that set him apart from the rest of us, indicating that he inhabited a realm distinct from our own.

Once I found out about his capabilities, my mind got saturated with questions but since I was in danger if I asked anything about his past due to his guards constantly observing us, I decided to put some distance between us.

Once his time in the hospital was up, he was taken away, leaving me alone once again to keep living my days of leisure and tranquility.

Until one day...Ai came to my hospital.

...

1

"Hoshino-san, you're playing around with the kids again. Be careful."

"Don't worry Sensei, these are gentle with me, look! They even like touching my belly."

"Sensei! Do you like Ai-chan?"

"Are you the father, sensei? " The kids asked innocently.

I blushed. "Don't say stuff like that, I'm too old to be with her."

"Ehh? You're young enough sensei."

"Yep. I think so too."

"Hehehe, don't worry about what the kids tell you sensei. Oh? Are you perhaps getting all flustered?"

"Please, don't tease me Hoshino-san." These two kids, combined with Ai, are always making fun of me. But...For some reason, I find this incredibly peaceful and relaxing. I wish... I wish... this could last forever...

She became my guiding light, shining both as an idol and a soon-to-be mother. Even at the tender age of 16, she didn't give up when she learned she was pregnant with twins. I decided to support her during those final weeks of pregnancy and even took on the role of delivering her babies.

However, fate had other plans. A stalker discovered Ai's location in the hospital where I worked, and my attempt to intervene led me to a tragic accident.

...

2

The night before Ai's delivery, a hooded man appeared before me as I was leaving the hospital.

"Are you the doctor in charge of Ai Hoshino?"

I narrowed my eyes. "She's using an alias. Even if you saw her at the hospital, how do you know her last name? It's not something known to the public. Can I ask your name? Hey!"