Chapter 40 - Benefactor Of The World Tree (1)

"Moon Lord Invisible blade." 

Inside a large tent, a black-clad assassin appeared from a corner swallowed by darkness.

He quickly searched through the darkness in the tent, where there was no light. Soon, after he found a black afterimage, he bowed his head politely.

"Report."

"It has been confirmed that the Fifth Prince had entered the territory of the Elves."

"How many escorts did he have?"

"I don't know the details, but I'm sure there are a few."

At the assassin's report, the Moon Lord's eyes sharpened, a hidden blade in a black afterimage.

"Didn't you put surveillance on him from the moment he entered the green forest? How come you didn't know?"

The assassin trembled slightly at the discontent of his superior.

"There seems to be an excellent guide among the escorts of the Fifth Prince. We can't keep up even with the number of people we've attached bear him."

He had no choice but to say so even though he knew it himself that it was just an excuse.

The Invisible blade, Hilson nodded, he was not very happy with the result.

Hidden by a black afterimage, the assassin couldn't see the dark look on his face.

The expression of the Invisible Blade Moon Lord was simply grotesquely distorted, so it was fortunate that the assassin could not see due to the black afterimage.

"All right, let's move on.""I'm sorry.

"I don't need an apology. Your incompetence has already been proven, so if you don't make it up, you won't have any more chances."

The assassin swallowed dry saliva at Hilson's words. He felt like the atmosphere was suffocating right now.

He wanted to get out of this stuffy place right away, but he still had something to report.

"There are further reports about the Elf village."

"Report."

Hilson thought that the report this time wouldn't be disappointing.

"They started to work on the boundaries again, but they've become weaker than ever. Our Wizard has assured us that it can be destroyed."

The assassin reported. Unlike a while ago, this time his report was within his expectations.

'The Second Prince of Pilias did a better job than I thought.'

Under the black afterimage, a cold smile spread around Hilson's mouth. If the boundaries were weakened, it meant that the pollution of the world's tree spring water was severe.

'The puppet is doing a better job than I thought.'

Deneb Pilias, the Second Prince of the declining empire. He was nothing but a puppet.

The information about how to pollute the world's tree spring water also came from them. The prince was an extraordinary figure, but he was destined not to escape being a puppet because his greed was so great and deep.

"How long do you think it will take?"

"It won't take long."

"The exact estimation."

"A week at the latest."

At the assassin's report Hilson nodded slowly with a satisfied look.

"Perfect preparation, huh?"