Chapter 35 - If you pull out the sword (1)

The whole camp was surrounded with magic.

 A red light that flew to the sky was now descending at a high speed towards them.

Even assassins with little knowledge of magic, could see that this spell was casted by Wizard of a higher level.

"Avoid it!"

"The, the ground is frozen!"

The sky was red and the ground was covered with a layer of thin white ice.

The assassins failed to avoid it and the rain of fire poured over their heads.

"God, High-ranking magic......."

Sylvia, who was watching the scene from afar, was astonished.

Growing up in the woods, she never had a chance to encounter a High-ranking magic spell in her entire life.

"This is the fear of battle......."

They were the servants of the Second Prince, the same servants who slaughtered her fellow elves in the green forest.

Now, all of them fell helplessly in front of an unexpected high-ranking magic spell.

"Madam, I think we need to step down."

Siadin approached Sylvia carefully and whispered. But the assassin next to them heard it and pulled out a sharp dagger.

"You must secure our retreat in case of emergency! If you make an unauthorized move, you'll lose your life!"

Sylvia noticed that these two people's voices were full of fear.

"I'm not going anywhere, so don't worry."

Sylvia turned her head back to the battlefield after stating her answer.

She hope all the servant of the Second Prince, who slaughtered the elves right in front of her, will die, but right now she had no choice but to pray for their victory if she wanted to survive.

If the servants of the Second Prince were killed and captured, not only her but also her whole tribe will be in danger.

"The Wizard!"

Among the servants sent by the Second Prince, there was a High-ranking wizard.

As he lifted the staff together with a flap of his robe, the cold white ice covering the ground melted away.

"Cough!"

Although he is said to be a High-ranking wizard, cancelling a high-ranking magic still caused a burden on his body.

He staggered with blood pouring from his nose and mouth. In cancelling the magic spell alone he already exhausted all his Mana.

"Run!"

"Find the High-ranking Wizard. We need to get rid of him first!"

Their feet were freed thanks to the sacrifice of their companion. The Moon Knights and assassins scattered.

They kept their eyes alert looking for their goal, but it was neither the blue nor the red tower masters that appeared in front of them, rather it was hundreds of men were heading towards them.

"For the Pilias!"

Imperial soldiers and knights were marching towards them while intermediate wizards from the tower supported them behind with magic.

"Lightning Arrow!"

"Ice Spear."

Mana fluctuated and their magic was soon complete. Sharp pieces of ice poured out and a lighting arrow headed towards them.