Chapter 26 - Border Hero (3)

A curtain of fire was wrapped around the campsite along the road.

They thought they surrounded them, but it was the Dark army who were surrounded.

Restrictions on low-level Dark Soldiers were lifted first as the flames drove out the darkness.

"Puah, we're surrounded!"

"The platoon leader has been killed! Please give us instructions!"

"Everyone, calm down! We are the Silent Death of the battlefield! What are you going to do just because you're scared of light!"

The platoon vice-leader tried to comfort his men, but it was useless. The retreat path was blocked and sharp ice spikes are continuously pouring down like rain from the sky.

"Hang in there, mountain mercenaries will be back us up!"

The vice leader had hope. Only after a third of his men were killed did they hear the horns of mountain mercenaries, but they could not break through the powerful fire barrier made by Berenus Kyle, the Master of the red tower.

"What are you doing? We have allies waiting for us!"

"This is coming from high-ranking magic! Of course, we will be destroyed by all the wizards before we could even join forces!"

The white captain pressured the mercenary wizard, but they remain stubborn. They didn't want to die yet.

Their level was high for a mercenary wizard, but that alone could not have destroyed the barrier of fire done by the power of a Master of the Tower.

While they were stamping their feet outside the flame barrier, inside, Dark Soldiers were overwhelmingly pushed back by the Fifth Prince's Shadow Squad.

"It will be a total annihilation at this rate!"

"Quickly instruct us!"

Before they knew it, there were only about 10 Dark soldiers left. Something had to be done by now.

If there is still no order, the number will decrease further.

There are at least 10 people left now, so there is still some hope.

It was time to make a decision and the vice leader's eyes turned towards the Fifth Prince. He was watching Dark soldiers collapse one by one.

"Attack the Fifth Prince!"

The kidnapping plan failed. If this was the case, they have no choice but to target the Fifth Prince.

If only they could kill an Imperial, this was enough compensation even if their platoon was wiped out.

"Darkors, all of you must sacrifice your lives to slay the Fifth Prince!"

{TL: They call themselves Darkors lol. This is also one of the reasons I change ghost army to Dark Army.}

Two high-ranking wizards and a One-armed knight were guarding him. But the Vice-leader didn't think it was impossible to kill the Prince.

They've been trained from the start to break through a chaotic battlefield and assassinate the enemy commander.

"Attack!"

"For the Kingdom of Fresyria!"

It was unlikely that they could say that this was a secret infiltration.

It's bound to be. The surroundings were too bright to have their skill set at maximum, silent death. Not only was the Shadow Squad's defensive stance strong, but the Dark soldiers were just too exhausted.