"Well, it's a big country, Dean," Sam said. "They could've disappeared anywhere."

"Yeah, could've. but each one's route took 'em to the same part of Indiana. Always on the second week of April. One year after another after another."

"This is the second week of April," Levi stated.

"Yep."

Sam frowned. "So, Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?"

"Yahtzee. Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? All the different obits Dad had to go through? The man's a master." Sam looked annoyed, pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the car. "What are you doing?"

"We're not going to Indiana."

"We're not?"

"No. We're going to California. Dad called from a payphone. Sacramento area code."

"Sam."

"Dean, if this demon killed Mom and Jess, and Dad's closing in, we've gotta be there. We've gotta help."

"Dad doesn't want our help," Dean said.

"I don't care."

"He's given us an order."

"I don't care," Sam repeated firmly. "We don't always have to do what he says."

"Sam, Dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives, it's important."

"All right, I understand, believe me, I understand. But I'm talking one week here, man, to get answers. To get revenge."

"Okay, look, I get how you feel."

"Do you?" Dean looked shocked. "How old were you when Mom died? Four? Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel?"

"Dad said it wasn't safe. For any of us. I mean, he obviously knows something that we don't, so if he says to stay away, we stay away."

Tasie scoffed. "Sam and I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it's like you don't even question him."

"Yeah, it's called being a good son!" Sam and Tasie, angry, got out of the car. Dean and Levi got out and watched Sam unloading things from the trunk. "You're a selfish bastard, you know that? You just do whatever you want. Don't care what anybody thinks."

"That's what you think?"

"Yes, it is."

"Well, then this selfish bastard is going to California." He put on his backpack and started walking away. "Tasie, Levi, what are you doing?"

Tasie glanced between Dean and Sam. "I'm going with Sam. Levi, keep an eye on him and Ethan."

Dean looked at his brother and sister. "Come on, you're not serious."

"I am serious," Sam and Tasie replied.

"It's the middle of the night! Hey, I'm taking off, I will leave your asses, you hear me?"

Sam stopped walking and turned around. "That's what I want you to do." They stared at each other for a few seconds, waiting.

Levi walked up to his wife and tucked her hair back. "You sure you want to do this?"

Tasie gestured to her elder brother. "I can't be around him right now. I... I have to find my dad."

He nodded. "I understand. I'll keep an eye on Dean and Ethan."

"I love you."

"I love you, too." He kissed her temple, running a hand through her hair.

"Goodbye, Sam. Goodbye, Tasie," Dean said as he closed the trunk, got in the car, motioned for Levi to follow, and drove away.