30. The Storms Continue

"Ugh. Why isn't it working?" Adeline let out in frustration as she ran her hand through her long red hair. She leaned against the wall before sliding down onto the floor. She had been trying to get the spell to work for months to no avail.

So far all her experimentation had been failure's. She wanted to throw in the towel but knew that she could not quit. He was counting on her to make this work. She shut her eyes in an attempt to think of any new idea's but nothing came up. Then out of nowhere a light bulb turned on. She shot her eyes open and began to scan her bookshelves.

"There you are." She smiled as she took the book with her to the shed out in the back of her home. A table in the center was all equipped with the necessary tools to bring her idea to life. The blue eyed woman began to follow the instructions written in the book one by one careful to not miss a thing.

The potion began to let out a beautiful white hue which was perfect. Before letting herself get overly excited Adeline went to remove a piece of the floor board to reveal a black box with a hidden dangerous gem.

The sapphire diadem look as bewitching as ever as it hovered over the cauldron before being dropped in. The red headed witch waited in anticipation for the results she really hoped this worked. After all it was the only other solution she had. The liquid began to bubble and ooze out before changing into a scary black goo like substance before blowing up.

The entire room from top to bottom was covered in this horrendous substance. Adeline waved her wand around herself to clean up but the magic only managed to remove some of the goo. She walked over to the cauldron only to be disappointed as the diadem was still in perfect condition. To her dismay the magic was to strong and dark.

"Adeline dear we are back."

"I am coming mother."

"What in merlin's name happened to you?" Evie asked worriedly at the present state of her daughter.

"Nothing mother I was just experimenting is all." Adeline replied to her mother. Though she was not telling a complete lie. "Are you going to stay over?"

"I am dreadfully sorry to tell you both no. But, I must get home before dark and my work at the ministry with everything going on has only tripled." Evie kissed her daughter and gran baby goodbye before leaving.

"I hope you had fun with grama today."

"I did mum." The young child stated happily. "Where is dada?"

"He is busy with work and should be home soon. Now lets go bake you some cookies." Adeline added as she picked up her daughter.

Time always seemed to fly by when Adeline was with her child. She carried the same colored eyes as her father a beautiful hazel color. Her hair was the same shade of brown as his as well. But her nose was her mothers along with the small freckles sprinkled over it. So far it seemed that the child had inherited her mothers ability as she was already able to change her hair color.

"Okay the cookies are ready."

"Can I have one mum?" Arabella requested as her eyes followed the baking sheet. "Please."

"Yes but they have to cool down first okay."

"Okay." The child agreed sadly as her eyes still lingered on the hot cookies.

"How about I use a little spell to hurry the process along?"

"Yes. Do it mummy." Adeline swished her wand before calling the spell. She then grabbed a cookie for her daughter. "Thanks mum."

"You are very welcome. Now finish it up so you can take your nap."

Arabella Hope Lupin did indeed fall asleep after her cookie. Maybe more like cookies. As Adeline cleaned up the kitchen she began to think about her friends. More like in a certain disheveled haired man with rounded glasses. She began to rummage through her drawers in search of the two way mirror James had given her.