28. The Calm Before

The crisp winter air swirled around the grand yard at Evie's mansion. The ground was fully decorated with the most exquisite decorations money could buy. For her there was no price tag when it came to her daughters happiness. Though Adeline would have rather had a more simple wedding she could not say no to her mother and her grand idea's.

"Places everyone. This is not a drill." Evie yelled. "Sirius for the last time no more fixing your hair. It looks fine now go stand next to James and Peter."

"But this one is out of place." Evie pulled him to stand next to James and waved her wand at his hair. "That is much better thanks Evie." Sirius winked she rolled her eyes and turned to look at the time.

"Evie its time." Eagerly stated Kate who was beautifully draped in a lilac purple cottage dress. It seemed to flow with the light frosty air as she departed back to where the other girls awaited with Adeline.

"This is it." Sighed Evie as she turned to look at Remus. "Ready?"

"Yes." He smiled brightly and began to make his way down the aisle. Well tried to before being yanked back by Sirius. "What?"

"Don't you think you are forgetting something or more like someone?" Sirius asked with arms crossed as he pointed his head towards the back.

"Oh right. Sorry mum its my first time." Remus stated as he took his mothers arm into his. "Now I am ready."

"I just want to say that you look very handsome my son." Hope mentioned before she walked her only son down the aisle. She was happy that he had found his special someone that would watch over him when she was gone. A beautiful woman who made him happy. Adeline was everything she had hoped for.

"Thank you mum."

In all his life Remus had never felt this nervous. Not even when he was waiting for his score on the N.E.W.T.S. His hands were clammy, he could not keep his foot from shuffling around, and he felt sweat coming down his face even though it was winter.

Everyone they knew was there. From professors to close family. Their eyes shifted from the groom to the back. There in all her beauty stood a radiating Adeline Dearbhail soon to be Lupin. If Remus could put into words what he felt in that very moment he would but no words seemed to measure up.

In a full blown ivory princess gown walked in the pure essence that is his dearest Ocean. The long transparent veil had beautiful details on the edge that matched the front of her dress. Remus felt his heart melt when his eyes fell onto her hands.

They where holding her bouquet and to everyone else it seemed like any white and purple tulips but he knew they were not.

Adeline was stood before him in absolute beauty. He could not fathom how to touch her afraid that this was a dream he could wake up from. Instead she held his hands in hers and smiled brightly through the veil. Remus finally snapped out and brought his hands to the front of her veil and lifted it up. He caressed her face before smiling at her and sending her a playful wink.

"We are all gathered here today to witness the holy union of these two people who have found each other and fallen." And with this the ceremony commenced. The guests could not help but gush over the happy couple as they were about to begin their vows.

"Adeline from the moment I met you in first year you were the most beautiful girl I had ever set my eyes on. I had always had a little kid crush on you and it was not until our seventh year that thanks to our friends we got to spend more time together that I realized it was much more than a crush I had fallen in love with. I know that deep down you always cared for me a little more than you let on mainly because of the books you would leave for me with all your thoughts. They were the best part of it all. I want to continue that and leave love notes in random places for you to read so you never forget how much I love you. I want you to fall asleep in my arms not only for you to feel safe but for me to feel that I truly have my person. My Ocean." Remus professed lovingly as he looked at her with full admiration.