18. Another Love ^

Almost a whole month has gone by and Remus has yet to speak to me. Maybe I should have told him I knew sooner. I knew how afraid he was about people knowing. What scared him the most was people knowing but him not knowing they knew.

The astronomy tower has been my escape place for the last few days. It used to be the library but I felt it get a little too crowded each time Remus walked in with Sophie hand in hand. When Kate told me I felt like I had been blindsided. A part of me knew it was unfair of me to want him to be there for me when I wanted but the other had believed there were growing sparks between us.

I guess that was just in my head. I want to believe that he did like me but because I am with James he did not confess it. Maybe I am just not meant to ever be loved. Remus now has Sophie who is sweet, beautiful, and blonde. James still has his eyes on Lily stunning, kind, and green eyes. Being around Kate and Sirius is also too much. Seeing what they have is too much. I am extremely happy for her but each time I see them together it reminds me of what I do not have. The end of the school year is getting closer which signifies the end of my life as I know it.

Once my father finds out James and I are over he will marry me off to the first pureblood that comes around. I hate how he wants to control my life but I could never say no. Maybe I could run away but where and with whom? Kate would gladly have me over but she will eventually move out with Sirius and I do not want to ruin her plans. I stood up and began to walk over to the ledge of the tower. I breathed in the air and let the soft wind blow along my hair it felt nice almost like I was flying.

"Careful you might just slip over and I honestly do not want to be framed for murder." A voice said from behind me. I turned around to see a figure in the shadow the Slytherin crescent vividly present.

"You can come out I do not bite." I teased.

"Well if you guarantee you will not bite me." From the shadows emerged Regulus Black. "What on your mind Dearbhaíl?"

"I have been looking for an opportunity to speak to you alone."

"Well now is a better time than ever so when you are ready." he replied plainly as he took a seat on the edge of the tower his feet dangling down.

"I wanted to thank you for helping me out with the incident. I thought I was done for but then you showed up and gave me hope. I knew deep down you were a good person. I knew the old you was still there. But I really had to dig." I explained as I took a seat next to him.

"I guess you are welcome. But Lupin did all the hard work." he insisted. "You should have seen his face when I told him you were in trouble it was something. I tried looking for Potter but he was nowhere to be seen."

"Yeah, that seems like James."

"I thought you and Lupin would find a way to each other after this whole charade with Potter ended." Regulus muttered resting his forehead on the cold handlebar.

"What charade?" I asked in a stunned state.

"Well, unlike everyone in this school, I have eyes. I see that it is all an act to get Evans to fall for Potter." He revealed as if it were such an obvious thing. "But what I also do see is that you like him but are conflicted with what you feel for Lupin."

"Since when did you become the emotion expert?" I sarcastically remarked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Like I said I just have a really good pair of eyes." he sighed tiredly. "You know if neither Potter nor Lupin works out for you we can always get married. Mother would love it."

"Regulus Black, are you proposing to me?"

"Mother always believed you would marry Sirius while growing up but when he left she insisted I get into your good graces. But I never did try because marriage was never important to me and because I saw how smitten you were over Potter."