19. Revealed Feelings ^

"Adeline you look like you are in the midst of dying. The dark circles also indicate you lack sleep. Trust me when I say that is not a good look for you." Kate stated as she entered my room.

"Please leave me alone." I cried as she turned on the lights. I pulled the covers over my head to avoid the bright light.

"Adeline I am seriously worried for you." she stated taking a seat on my bed. "I see that you are far worse than expected as you did not make a joke out of seriously."

"Kate I am fine. I just want some days to myself." I explained.

"You skipped the last three days of class."

"That only means next week is spring break and I can go home." I stated sitting up on my bed.

"I swear with you Dearbhail. I do not know what has got into you." Kate scolded "But what I do know is that there is a party being held tonight at the Ravenclaw common room to celebrate the coming break."

"And?"

"And you will be going whether you like it or not. So we can do this the easy way or the hard way it is up to you." she threatened.

"What is the hard way?" I whispered.

"Do you want to know?" Kate warned. I shook my head and quickly got up. She had chosen out the most beautiful white dress ever and paired it with the heels she got me for Christmas. She also insisted I leave my hair down in its natural form.

 She also insisted I leave my hair down in its natural form

As Kate and I made our way into the party. I saw Remus talking to Lily on the opposite side of where James and Sirius stood. We made eye contact for a split second before he excused himself and left. It was the same thing he had been doing for the past few days anywhere I saw him he would make sure to leave. Which led me to lock myself up in my room to avoid bothering him.

Kate took Sirius out to dance while I stood next to James who was looking in Lily's direction but this time she looked back at him. Seeing him smile at her made me realize that I no longer felt hurt that he loved her and not me. I guess those days in my room helped me figure things out. The feelings I had been feeling inside me had finally become clear. What I did feel hurt by was Remus avoiding me.

"James, can you please get me a drink?" I asked as I saw an opportunity to talk to Lily.

"Sure thing I will be right back." I made sure he was far enough before I made my way up the familiar staircase in search of Lily. I came to the end of the hall about to take a turn when I could hear her voice very vividly due to the loud music.

"Seeing him with her hurts me and it makes me feel stupid. Stupid because I should have told him how I felt sooner. But, I finally realized that I have loved him all along" Lily cried. "I love James Potter."

Hearing her say that made me conclude that it was time to put an end to this. I ran back down and spotted James looking for me. I walked up to him and grabbed his hand leading him out of the common room and into the empty corridors.