9. Dinner Party ^

"You know I am kind of jealous of you Addy." Kate said I just tilted my head. "Because your mother has such great taste and always delivers you a new dress for different events. I am lucky if my mom sends me a letter a year cause she forgets all the time."

"Well, the good thing is that my mom will send you dresses when you have school events as well. Do not forget you and Sirius are to join my parents and me for dinner. They can not wait to meet my boyfriend." I ended sarcastically. "Oh, and my mum already chose a dress for us to wear."

"Oh, goody." Kate beamed. "Stay still I have to get the bun nice and tight. Then I will straighten your hair down."

She ushered me into the bathroom to put on my dress and shoes. My mother had sent me a beautiful purple colored dress with puffy sleeves. They came with white heels that had a sharp point and a little bow on top. It was a little transparent but overall it was something I felt comfortable in.

"Like I said your mother never fails

"Like I said your mother never fails." Kate sang confidently. "Also please do try to get James to bring some food for my Sirius."

"I make no promises." I said as we both walked down the stairs to the common room.

I stopped halfway down in surprise. He looked different. In a strangely good way but I preferred his usual clothing style. At least his hair was still messy as usual. I saw he wore a tired smile on his face that was covered with both small and large scars.

I always thought they added to his character each scar was a battle that he managed to overcome showing how brave and strong he is.

"Um, Addy." I heard Kate say but it sounded so distant. "Adeline in case you have not noticed you have been staring at Remus not your boyfriend James who is waving at you. Please say or do something." she whispered I quickly looked away and waved back timidly at James as I made my way to him.

"You look very beautiful Adeline." James praised as I reached where he and Remus stood.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself." I replied as I fixed his hair a little before turning my attention to Remus. "You clean up very well Remus."

"Thank you." he responded looking at the floor. "I will see you both at the dinner party. I have to go pick up my date."

"You have a date?" I blurted out without thinking.

"Yes."

"Who is she?" I blurted again. What was happening to me I could not think straight.

"I do not think you know her. She just transferred here about a week ago and got sorted into Hufflepuff."

"Good for you." I felt a frown begin to shape before shaking it away.

Once he left I still had a confused look and could not shake away the strange feeling I got when Remus said he had a date. Soon James took hold of my hand and gave me an "Are you ready look?"