12. Flashback ^

*Remus POV*

Love.

Love has always been one of those things that something such as myself would never dream of ever experiencing. That something like me did not deserve. As much as I like my life at Hogwarts it is not reality at least not mine.

Out there in the real world creatures like myself are shunned and destined to be alone. Mother has always tried her best to tell me otherwise but that is not my truth. I had come to accept this at a very young age but time has changed that. Life has given me the greatest group of friends that I could have ever dreamt of having. It has also given me hope.

My hope stood a far distance from me draped in a silver winter gown that adorned her perfectly accompanied by a moon drop diadem set perfectly on her head with a braid coming down past each shoulder.

I feel her warm smile lighten up the room, her eyes are like no other, they are their very own shade of ocean blue, and her long red hair are like trails of fire

I feel her warm smile lighten up the room, her eyes are like no other, they are their very own shade of ocean blue, and her long red hair are like trails of fire. She is as beautiful as nature itself.

Adeline is my biggest despair. She is not mine and will probably never be. Why would she want to be with me when she is with someone as great as James Potter? Who could offer her things I could only dream of.

This is where I feel like I am the worst person to ever exist I love a girl who belongs to someone who is a brother to me. I want to get rid of these feelings but I can not as I keep justifying them with the fact that I liked her first. But does that have any validation to it at all? Not really.

*Flashback*

I watched as she entered the great hall along with her friend Kate. Adeline had been lingering in my mind since the moment we met back on our first day on the train. She had been sitting in a compartment with Kate, James, and Sirius when I walked in. That train ride had changed my life forever.

But this weird feeling in my stomach only just started last year in potions when we were placed in a group together with James. I observed as she beautifully made her way over to the Ravenclaw table taking her time to greet all the first years.