16. Valentine ^

Walking into the great hall I was amazed at all of the Valentine's Day decorations that were hung up along the walls. Heart-shaped pieces of parchment in pink and red fell like snow during a winter storm. The tables were filled with heart-shaped pancakes, waffles, strawberry milk, and my favorite chocolate-covered strawberries. They went all out this year. I waved to Kate who was sitting at the Ravenclaw table with a glum look.

"What is wrong?" I asked as I took a seat next to her.

"I have yet to see Sirius." She replied. "He is supposed to be my boyfriend and I have a whole romantic day planned out for him ."

"Come on Kate it is only 8 in the morning on a Sunday. You know Sirius and his sleep schedule. Give him time." I comforted her. "Plus, today is also about love in friendships." I added as I handed her a small pink box.

"You are right." She smiled as she quickly opened the box. "Omg, Addy this is beautiful. It looks exactly like the ones we have yet better." She cried as she embraced me in a tight hug.

"I tried my best to keep the original design of our matching necklaces. I think I came pretty close."

"They are perfect. Now it is my turn here." I took the red satin box from her hand and opened it to reveal a ring with half a heart. "Adeline I guess our thoughts were not far apart."

"Great minds think alike." I laughed. "Thank you for being the greatest best friend in the world."

"I try." She added.

We heard a noise coming from the other end of the hall and saw that it was Peter trying his best to carry in a phonograph. I turned to Kate with a questioning look she only shrugged and continued to keep her attention on Peter as he finally set the phonograph in the center of the great hall. The professors did not even bother to ask what he was doing probably accustomed to such things through the years. Just then the doors to the great hall burst open with a pair of chirpy-looking boys who proceeded to jump onto the Ravenclaw table.

"James and I would like to dedicate this upcoming performance to our lovely most perfect girlfriends." Sirius boomed through his wand which must have the sound amplifying spell.

"This one is for you, my dearest Adeline." James shouted before turning his attention to Peter. "Hit it, Pete." On cue, Peter set the phonograph on. I immediately recognized the song being played since it was by one of my favorite muggle bands known as Queen. I remember hearing the song Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy for the first time, it was during one of the study sessions Remus and I had before N.E.W.T.S. I later went to show it to James and told him how much I loved it.

"I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things

We can do the tango, just for two

I can serenade and gently play on your heartstrings

Be your Valentino, just for you" Sirius sang as he swayed from side to side making his way over to Kate who by this time was as red as a tomato with happy tears in her eyes.

"Ooh, love, ooh, lover boy

What're you doing tonight? Hey, boy

Set my alarm, turn on my charm

That's because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy" James chimed in from behind Sirius as he jumped off the table. Signaling for two young first years to hand me a bouquet of red tulips and a giant teddy bear.