Chapter 5: Setting out for a dreadful place

Authors note: Soo....I've been gone for a hot minute I know. It's been like a month now but I just have been way too busy studying for my exams and have not been able to find the inspiration to write. I promise though, I will not abandon this. It's my first serious Wattpad story so it has a special place in my heart. Enjoy this chapter though- I'm sorry to keep you waiting~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ticking of the grand clock could be the only sound heard in the office of the Obelian Emperor. The news wasn't taken in very efficiently. The blonde Crown Princess broke the silence.

"Jeanette's alive!?" She said, a tone filled with relief. "What!?" Her father yelled with utmost fury.

"Yes your majesty, the royal knights went over for some issues relating to the border but came back with this news. More so, she was spotted walking down the halls of the..." The crimson knight paused, his figure noticeably filling with unease at the words he was about to say.

"Spill it." The icy, blue orbs of Claude pierced through the nervous figure and made his heart hitch in fear.

"She was spotted in the Agriche manor....conversing with Jeremy Agriche." Felix somehow managed to blurt out the sentence stuck in his throat.

It was immediately met with two quite distinct expressions, puzzled and astonished.

"Who...are the Agriche's...?" said the Crown Princess, she had taken an uncountable amount of history and political classes, the courtesy of her father but not once was the name "Agriche" mentioned. It vaguely reminded her of some rumours which she had brushed off before but now found herself recollecting. Before she could piece it together her red haired personal knight put it together for her.

"The Agriche's are a well known and ruthless family, they live on the border of the Empire west from ours so news from there doesn't travel fast but news related to the Agriche's does. There's a reason you haven't heard much about them, it seems Lady Penelope Judith actually-" before the knight could finish he was interrupted by an extremely agitated and exasperated Emperor.

"You talk too much, learn to keep your mouth shut when you need to." He hissed, his words laced with venom, his tone seeping with anger.

"But-" Athanasia attempted to argue but her efforts were cut short by just the sight of her father. It wouldn't be very smart of her to try to say anything to him right now. She would have to look into this later though...getting Felix to spill some more information or checking the library sound like reasonable ideas.

The scene shifts to the awfully quiet Agriche manor, Jeanette had gotten ready to leave, Jeremy and Roxanne were outside bidding her a goodbye.

They were the only ones who bothered, Jeanette did have a nice little tea party arranged with Maria and Sierra an hour before this. It mostly consisted of Maria showing off her new dolls and Sierra's words being parched stuck in her throat, like they always were. The brunette partially felt bad and partially didn't. Her sympathy wasn't bought easily, her standards also had lowered comparatively. Still, it was hard not to pity a mouse being played with by a cat. If only the switch could be flipped...haah. Maybe we could see that one day? Not soon but maybe some day. Dion was out of the manor on a mission and the rest of the family...Jeanette preferred they didn't come.

"Have a safe journey Jeanette." The attractive blonde said in a sweet voice. "When will you reach?"

"It would probably take me a day or two. But I'd say, I'll reach on the 20th. A quarter past 6 in the morning?" The brunette had gotten an interesting habit of being specific with time, she didn't know where she got it from though.