THE WEAPONS

"I don't think you should Paul" said Mia glaring at him .

'He's not a kid anymore. He should have known about it long before. He should have been prepared for this.' replied Paul .

Key hesitantly asked, 'Can I say something?'

'Sure,' replied Paul.

'Are you all talking about C-Croclus?' said Key with a confused look. 'MCorsone told me everything about him.'

'What? That old man can't even keep secrets,' said Mia angrily.

'Well, if you already know, then you should prepare to confront him.'

'Wait, confront?' asked Key.

'You just know everything, didn't you?' Max said sarcastically .

'Well, I know that Lars wanted to take off the curse from Croclus and he wanted him to live again and rule the world. That's what I know,' said Key. 'Wait, Corsone also mentioned that I have to do something about it,' said Key, lowering his voice.

Mia expressed frustration at their situation and questioned why they were kicked out of Subterra. "Key, we were kicked out of Subterra for a reason. If your father has stolen the 'Sword of Honour', then what was the purpose of kicking us out? Have you ever thought of that?" Mia asked.

"But Corsone said that the heir of the sword , which he said was me , can only bring back Croclus from the curse," Key replied.

"That may be one of the fastest ways, but there are still other ways. And Lars has been trying those for years. Remember, he is not alone. His family has devoted their lives to this for years," Frank explained.

Key nodded while getting lost in thought but was interrupted as Frank continued, "Key, remember you are not going to stand against Lars but against Croclus. And he is definitely not some ordinary person of Subterra. We all need to prepare for this."

"But I don't really understand why we need to bring Nat , Mends and Cally here. I mean, I know I was bringing them here, and they agreed with that too but it's far more dangerous then I was expecting. They don't even have powers?" Key asked.

"Key, when you face Croclus, none of us can stand with you there, except them and we already had conversation with your friend about this. You need to understand that anyone who has blood relation with you can't be there for you," Max said.

"Then I will do it alone. I can't just put everyone in danger," Key said with concern.

"Why don't you understand, Key? We have to kill Croclus this time. It's now or never, because he's been cursed two times before. This time is last , he'll either die or live forever and destroy Subterra," Paul explained.

"But how are they going to help? He'll kill them with just one snap. You don't understand," Key shouted with concern.

"Well, you think we are going to send them there barehanded, huh?" Ciara asked. "Corsone will be here any minute."

"Wait, Corsone? Is he going to give us a cool piece of advice or something?" Key asked sarcastically.

"You'll see," said Ciara.

Suddenly, the door of the room slid open with Corsone standing there with his usual fresh expression. Despite his old age, he still looked alert and energetic.

"I hope I didn't interrupt your conversation," said Corsone. "Not at all," said Max as he went over to Corsone to welcome him inside. "Well, I've been out searching for some special things we might need for these young men here," said Corsone while glancing at Nat, Cally, and Mends.

"And you found something, right?" asked Ciara excitedly.

"Indeed, I did, Ciara," said Corsone and continued, "So here is the lightning bolt." Corsone pulled out a lightning-shaped bolt witch was about the size of a sword from his satchel-like bag.

"Wait, a lightning bolt? I read about them when we were at Dara's forest . These bolts were used by special warriors during war. And I also read that these bolts choose their wielder?" said Mends.

"Absolutely, Mendon, you are a really astute individual," said Corsone. He continued, "So, I'll hand this bolt to each of you three. In whose hand the bolt will ignite, will be the chosen one." Corsone handed the bolt to Mends. To his astonishment, the bolt glowed.

Sparks flew out of the bolt, and Mends' eyes and mouth were wide open in amazement. "This is incredible," said Mends in awe.

Corsone nodded in approval and proceeded to take out another weapon from his satchel.

"Ah, the Aqualume," Corsone said as he held out the ring to Nat. "It's a powerful weapon that allows its owner to control water moments . But it's not just any person who can wield it. Like a bolt of lightning, the ring chooses its owner."

Curious, Key piped up, "Who will it choose?"

Corsone turned to Key and asked, "Can you bring me that glass of water over there?" Key complied and Corsone gestured for him to place it in front of Cally and Nat.

Corsone then passed the ring to Nat. "I know it's going to choose you," he said with a reassuring smile. Nat slid the ring onto his finger and held his hand over the glass. Suddenly, the ring began to glow with a brilliant blue light.

With newfound power, Nat lifted the water from the glass and floated it towards Key. Nat poured the water over Key's head, causing the others to burst out laughing.

"What the heck Nat" shouted Key.

Corsone coughed it was dead silence once again as he started to speak again, " So the next weapon,It's the last but definitely not the least weapon."

Corsone presented the Aerostaff to Cally, elucidating, "With this staff, the wielder will be able to manipulate the wind. They can generate gusts of wind, manipulate the direction of the wind, and even produce tornadoes."

Cally scrutinized the staff from top to bottom, admiring its intricate details. "It's fascinating. Thank you, Corsone," he expressed with gratitude.

Corsone beamed at Cally before continuing, "I understand that you are new to this, and even you, Key, you were only seven when you left this place. I don't think you remember much, correct?" Key nodded in response.

"However, you have a significant battle to win. Utilize these weapons and your powers, and train yourself to confront Croclus, I'll be their to help you ." Corsone advised. Everyone nodded in agreement, resolved to be prepared for the impending conflict.