KEY's DREAM

The guard flung the food towards Josh, who struggled to rise from his spot. "May I have some water to go with it?" he asked weakly.

The guard seized Josh's hair in a tight grip and sneered, "You're not at some swanky five-star hotel, nor even in your own home thief. You'll eat what you're given or else."

"I am not a thief I haven't done anything wrong! Release me, let me go!" Josh bellowed back.

"How dare you raise your voice at me?" snarled the guard, wrenching Josh by the collar and hauling him out of the cell.

Josh was dragged into the room, where he continued to scream, "No, no, I won't do it again. I'll do whatever you say. Please, I beg you, let me go!"

But the guard was deaf to his please.

"Key, Key, wake up! What happened? Wake up!" Mia, asked with a worried tone.

Key woke up gasping for breath. "Mom! Mo- they're beating Dad- he's going to die- we have to-" Key said, but was cut off by Mia.

"Key, I told you not to dwell on it too much, didn't I??"

"But Mom, they're going to kill him! He's going to die , they are gonna kill him ," Key said, tears streaming down his face.

"It was merely a nightmare. Nothing will happen to your father. He's a resilient man," replied Mia.

"But-" said Key, but was interrupted by his mother.

"No buts. Get ready. You're going to be late for the school trip."

Key was preoccupied with thoughts of his father as he ate his breakfast and headed to school. When he arrived, Mends, Cally, and Nat were already there waiting for him.

"Hey buddy, you're running late," said Nat. "The bus is about to leave. You need to hurry!"

However, Key was so lost in thought that he only hummed

During the bus ride, everyone was in high spirits, laughing, playing, and capturing memories with one another.

However, Key was still lost in thought, contemplating why his mother was so concerned with "just eye pain" and whether his dream of his father had any significance.

Suddenly, Cally's boisterous scream for pizza almost caused Key to lose his balance.

"Bro, relax. We're right here," Mends said, steadying Key.

"What's with you, Key? You look like an old man at a teenager's party. Get a life, man," Nat joked.

"Well, I..." Key trailed off, trying to avoid any awkward questions.

Key had not yet revealed to his friends his true place of origin, so he did his best to dodge their inquiries.

Before long, Key was discovered frolicking with his companions, reveling in the bus ride and singing tunes as they made their way to their destination.

Upon arrival, they were greeted by a grand, antiquated house. "So, this is where we'll be staying," Key muttered drowsily.

"It looks rather impressive, don't you think?" Nat nodded in agreement,

"Yes, it does have a certain charm to it," said Key.

As the group made their way through the grand hall, they were taken aback by the stunning antique decor and the overall magnificence of the place. The workers scurried around, and then they were greeted by the gracious owner of the house.

"I am Ms. Kara, the proprietor of this estate. I was informed of your upcoming trip and contacted your school. It would be my pleasure to have you stay here and enjoy yourselves. But before you head off, let me lay out some simple rules. Please refrain from damaging or defacing anything, but otherwise, feel free to make yourselves at home. I have provided Professor Yun with a list of your designated bedrooms. Please take those and find your rooms, unpack your belongings, and then come downstairs for dinner,"

she smiled warmly and departed. The students gathered around Professor Yun to locate their respective bedrooms.

As the students scurried about the hallways, the workers provided valuable assistance in locating their respective bedrooms. Key was able to locate his room in a jiffy, thanks to the workers' guidance. Upon entering, he noticed that Jake, another student, was already there, indicating that they were roommates.

Jake exclaimed with excitement, "Yo bro, we're roommates!" as he leaped off the bed like a famous singer jumping off the stage to greet his fans, his grin spreading from ear to ear.

Key chuckled with amusement and replied, "Yeah, I'm glad too."

After unpacking their belongings, they proceeded to the dining room for dinner. Upon entering, their jaws dropped in amazement at the magnificent feast laid out before them. It was no less than the lavish Christmas Eve dinner at Hogwarts.

As they gathered around the table for dinner, Nat took the lead in describing the recipe for each dish, proudly boasting that his dad was the most skilled chef in the entire country. Key jumped in, eager to brag about his mom's bakery, which he claimed was the best in town. Cally playfully chimed in, teasing the two that they couldn't even boil an egg, so they should just let everyone enjoy the meal in peace.

Meanwhile, Mends was entertaining everyone with his signature dad jokes, which somehow managed to elicit laughter from the group. The dinner ended with everyone in high spirits, giggling and laughing, and now it was time to retire for the night.

As Jake and Key drifted off to sleep, they felt a sense of accomplishment. However, as midnight approached, Key's eyes began to burn, and he was about to shout when he heard his dad's voice.

"Please hold on for a moment and don't shout, please. I've been trying to communicate with you for so long. Tell me if you can hear me, please. If it hurts, I'm sorry, but please bear this for me. I want to talk to you," said Josh, Key's dad.

"Dad, I can hear you. Please, where are you? Come back. I'm waiting for u . Mom she never let me talk about you or even Subterra," replied Key, almost breaking down in tears.

"Your mom! She's always been sensitive for people she is close to the most. She lost me, and now she doesn't want to lose you too," said Josh.

"But Dad, I'm waiting for you for so long. Please come back. Please, I beg you," said Key, crying even more.

"I can come back if you try. I'm stuck here. If you come to save me. Key, there's a reason why we named you Key. You are the one who completes our family," said Josh.

"But Dad, you know me or even mom aren't allowed to come to Subterra," said Key, sobbing.

"Key, I know this is hard, but I need you to be strong. You have the power to keep the family together no matter what the king throws at us. I have faith in you, son," said Josh.

"But Dad, I'm not even in Subterra with you," said Key, feeling a sense of despair.

"That's where hope comes in, Key. Hope is the magic that will guide you through the darkness. You must never give up on it, no matter how impossible things may seem. There is always a way, and you will find it." Replied josh key could tell that he was smiling.

"I will dad , I love you" said Key rejoicing with tears.

"I love u too Key, Always" said fading voice of josh ...