THE LAST GOOBYE

"Please don't! Please don't!" Nat shouted while crying hard.

"It hurts! I don't even know you! Why are you doing this?" he spoke while choking over his own tears.

"You will know soon," said a voice coming from a hooded figure. He was holding Nat's arm with with iron grip while scraping something with a knife, as Nat shouted and cried till he fainted from pain. It was a dark alley, and there was no one around them to here his sobs.

The day was pleasant, with a cool breeze blowing through the cloudy sky. Summer rains were a favorite for everyone, as Cally arrived at school to find Key and Mends already deep in conversation.

"Nat didn't respond to either of you, did he?" asked Mends with an anxious voice.

"No, and there's no trace of him at his house. His mother is quite concerned," said Key with a worried tone.

"He wouldn't just vanish like this without informing anyone. He's been missing for two days now. I really hope he's doing fine ," said Cally, his voice laced with concern.

"His parents have already reported this to the police. I'm certain they'll locate him," reassured Mends with a calm voice, attempting to alleviate the anxiety that gripped everyone. Nevertheless, deep down, the fear persisted. The bell rang , and the trio dispersed to their respective classes.

Key was dashing home from school in the midst of a torrential rain. He sprinted as fast as he could to evade the raindrops. Upon arriving at his house, he heard murmurs emanating from the living room. This was peculiar because no one ever visited their house . He approached the living room to peek inside. To his surprise, it was the police informing his mother that Nat's mother suspected Mends, Cally, and Key of being implicated in Nat's disappearance. Mia was attempting to persuade the police that her son and his friends would never be involved in such a heinous act, so they should get out of her house

One of the police officers noticed Key and said, "Let's question your son directly about this."

The officer was quite corpulent and had difficulty standing, so he bellowed loudly in an attempt to intimidate Key.

However, Key strode in with a stoic expression. "So, you were eavesdropping on our conversation, correct, young man?" said the policeman.

"Yeah, I just arrived from school and I'm drenched. How am I supposed to present myself in front of you like this?" Key replied calmly.

"Young man, I have one question for you. Answer truthfully. If you lie, you'll be thrown in jail," said the police officer. Key hummed in response while standing before the man. "Where is your friend Nat? Did he inform you before leaving?" said the cop gravely.

"No, I don't know where he is. He was perfectly fine. The last time I saw him was when I dropped him off after our trip. He didn't even respond to my texts after that," said Key without much thought.

"I don't believe you. It sounds like a fabricated story," said the other cop.

"He said he didn't know. Are you deaf?" said Mia, aggressively.

"You better not interrupt, woman, or I won't hesitate to take you to jail," the police officer shouted loudly.

"And you, you have to come with us we have to take your statement ," said the cop to Key.