Part 21: Bad Actions Lead To Bad Consequences.

"Ugghh my head..."

Joey mumbled as he woke up the next morning. Both his head and body feeling heavy from the amount of drugs he had ingested. He tried sitting up, but to no avail. He instantly laid back down and groaned in agony.

"Are you ok?"

Seto asked, who had been sleeping right beside him. He hovered over Joey, worriedly checking him out to see if there had been any unplanned side effects from the drugs.

"I don't know..."

Joey mumbled and leaned his head onto Seto's palm. He nuzzled against him and closed his eyes.

"My head hurts like fuck... basically the same feeling I had when Marik used his magic to control ma brain... Wait. Don't tell me that happened again?! Cuz I don't remember anything!"

Joey said, opening his eyes widely and sat up in panic. Seto laughed at his reaction.

"Silly pup. What are you even talking about?"

"Oh. Right. You still don't believe in magic and stuff like that, right?"

Seto sighed and kissed his puppy's forehead before giving him a hug.

"Idiot. I would believe you if there was magic in this world, but there isn't. Who knows what tricks and holograms they used on you and your gang."

As Seto hugged him, he forced Joey to lay back down again. He hugged back and sighed as he listened to Seto's complain. There was no use in keeping the conversation going. After all the things they had been through, Seto would still not believe in magic, so what's the point on continue trying to make him believe in it?

"Don't call me idiot! You're the idiot. Idiot Seto Kooiibbaa!"

Joey teased and poked Seto's cheek. Seto didn't respond, instead, keeps hugging his partner, and nuzzled against him. This was a very special moment no one other than Joey would be able to see. To see Seto relax, be happy and not respond back, all at once was a rare occasion, even for Joey himself. It got quiet while both of them relaxed in each others arms. They laid there for another half an hour on the bed, but got interrupted by a phone call.

"Setooo~ your phones ringing."

Seto didn't bother. He kept his eyes shut while nuzzling against his lover. Joey, however cared, and took ahold of Seto's phone and checked on it.

"... it's just a letter K on it? Do you know who that is?"

Joey asked, and Seto instantly tensed up. He didn't want to worry Joey, so he tried to casually get up.

"I guess it's important. I'll see you soon. Wait here."

Seto said, and took the phone away from Joey and walked out of the room. He shut the door after himself and ordered a guard to keep an eye on Joey. By the time Seto had done all that, the phone stopped ringing. Seto however kept his eyes locked on the phone. He knew this was just the beginning. Seto kept walking, into his old room he used to sleep in before Joey moved in and locked himself inside. Once he did, the phone rang again. Again with the letter K on it. He took a deep breath and answered the phone.

"...."

"...."

It was quiet from both ends, but Kaiba knew who it was. It had to be her. It was the same phone number after all...

"I know you're out for revenge. I know you're out to kill. I know you have a plan on ruining my life, but whatever you try to do. Nothing will work. You are just a little annoying bug that is trying to scare people. You may have money and power, but so do I."