14. Pool Party

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" You ask Jimin, eyeing the amount of bags he carries on his arms with concern. He opens a reassuring smile in return.

"No, I'm good. It's a short walk," he says. "It's my fault anyway. If I hadn't broken our washing machine I wouldn't need to come here, so let me take it as a personal punishment."

You roll your eyes but end up agreeing after all. You have no idea of how Jimin managed to break their washing machine though, and Jungkook also didn't know how to explain. Because of that, they borrowed the washing machine from your apartment

Why would we pay for a laundry if we got our precious friends?, the demon in front of you said, smiling sweetly, showing up at your doorstep with bags full of clothes.

You walk with Jimin towards the front door to open it since he has his hands busy, passing by a Sana too absorbed on that satanic Netflix series everyone likes. You turn the doorknob and Jimin steps outside, still smiling sweetly.

"I'm going. Thanks for letting us use the machine," he says. You just nod.

"You owe me a favour now," you cross your arms over your chest. He chuckles.

"Alright. Bye!"

"Bye."

...

He doesn't move one centimeter.

You finally notice he's making that face. That damn smug face. If you didn't know him you would think he was just being innocent, but you know him.

"What?" You ask, quirking one eyebrow.

"Nothing. I'm going."

He still doesn't move.

You end up exhaling and rolling your eyes. "Jimin, what do you want?"

He widens his eyes in a fake surprised expression. "Me? Nothing! I'm just going home-"

"Jimin, say it now or I'll punch your nose."

"Okay, so the thing is..." he immediately steps closer and lowers his voice. Little shit can't even pretend. "Hm, I don't know if you want to hear this..."

"What?" You insist impatiently.

"I saw Max the other day."

This catches you off guard.

It's been a long time since you saw Max. You didn't even cross his way at the campus. You don't know what happened to him all this time because you've blocked him in every single social network possible, and you're not really interested in what he's doing, honestly.

"So what?" You get defensive. "I don't want to know about him..."

"I know, I know. That's why I didn't want to say anything." Jimin is quick to say. "It's just that he looked bad."

"Bad? What do you mean?" You want to punch yourself for getting slightly interested.

"He looked... sick. I mean, you know Max. He's always well dressed, but when I saw him last week, he looked like a homeless person. I heard from some friends that he's no doing good. They think they're depressed or something."

Depressed?

Many annoying voices start to whisper in your mind. What if he got in trouble with his father? You know that he never had a nice relationship with his parents. What if he got in trouble with his parents because of what you did? Max's father is a conservative man, he thinks he still lives in the past century. He could do terrible things to Max. What if-