11. Yoongi & Namjoon

You try hard to pay attention to your surroundings, but it's hard when half of your brain is almost asleep.

Sitting on the University's library with the rest of your group, all you want to do is sleep right there. You barely did anything to help them this meeting, keeping quiet instead of participating on the discussions, and you even feel bad for it.

It's Saturday evening. Because the project presentation day is approaching, you and your group decided to reunite even during the weekend to take care of the final details, and this honestly messed your life.

Past semester, you managed to get an internship on a big enterprise, what was necessary considering how far you are on your course, what made you happy beyond words. The only problem is that the salary is so low you can't pretty much afford anything but basic human necessities. More than half of this inhuman amount of money you call salary goes to help Sana paying the rent for your apartment, so you saw yourself being forced to work part-time in other jobs including during the weekends.

These last months have been true hell for you. As if the pressure of getting good grades wasn't enough, now you have to deal with your strict boss from the internship job and deal with those rude customers that like to complain over stupid things. Working at a coffee shop is not the nice and cute thing people write on fanfictions, that's for sure.

It's not as if being broke is something new for you anyway. You're used to being the poor friend. The fact that Sana has a better economical condition than you, and the fact that apparently she does love you, is the only thing that kept you from being kicked out of the apartment, because many times you simply didn't have money to help her pay for the monthly rent.

You have to thank God everyday for giving you such a nice roommate, but even her patience has a limit. It's embarrassing to rely on her, and sometimes Jungkook, all the time, and you'd rather die than ask help to your parents. Not that you have a bad relationship with them or anything, but your proud ass just refuses to ask for their help when you're already an adult.

That's why you're overworking yourself without complaining out loud. Things won't be like this forever, right? At least not when you graduate and find a decent job. And, unfortunately, you have already given up on your last hopes of being a lost member of the Kardashian family, so it's best to just work as any normal person does.

The adult and universitarian life is worst than what movies fooled you to believe in. You wish it was just parties and sex all the time, but it isn't. The only thing that helped you to get through this was the support of your friends and Max's.

You were so stupidly in love with him back then that whenever he'd show up at your door holding a box of chocolates and offering himself to binge-watch Netflix series and have lazy sex you'd practically float in the air.

Love makes people stupid, huh? Wait, why are you even thinking about that bastard again?

"Y/n, are you feeling alright?"

You jump on the chair, looking around, wide-eyed. Aecha's sitting by your side, watching you with a puzzled expression. The rest of your group mates are already packing up their things.

"Did I sleep?" You murmur, ashamed. Aecha giggles softly. "I'm sorry for being useless."

"It's okay. We didn't do much today, and we all know you were working before coming here. But that's not what I want to talk about." That smile on her lips is suspicious. It immediately wakes you up. "What do you think of my party, past week?"

Oh. The party. For a moment, you feel guilty. You just stayed there for, like, two hours or less. What happened after the party was interesting, not what happened during it.