EPILOGUE

He had seen her walk into the Restaurant and couldn't believe his eyes!
"Shantel" he called.
She turned to see who had called her and was shocked to dicover who it was.
"Oh my God Senior Nathan!" She exclaimed and they hugged.
"Please call me Nathan, we're out of Stefford okay" he responded.
Shantel couldn't believe her eyes, standing before her was Nathan Okafor, the SP-M at Stefford when she was in JSS1. He looked so good, she didn't realise he was this good looking.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Well I am currently on my Masters here in the UK at University of Birmingham" he said.
"Are you kidding me right now? That's my Alma mater! I graduated last two years: Medicine and Surgery, just finished my 'housemanship' as you'd call it in Nigeria and I'm currently running my core surgery training. I just closed for the day and decided to eat out before going home" she smiled.
"Wow, Doctor Shantel" he smiled. "Look at you, you are really doing it" he said. "Well, I am a graduate of Optometry from the University of Nigeria (UNN). I moved here for my Masters. Never knew I'd meet the daring, bold and confident Shantel Eze" he said.
She laughed. He called the waiter for her to place an order.
After 2hours they had talked about Stefford, life after High School and life now. They exchanged contacts and promised to meet again.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
The Church auditorium was filled with families and friends. The music that was being played now was a signal that it was time for the bride to walk down the already laid down carpet into the church auditorium.
Her Father smiled and asked,
"Are you ready Shan?
She had smiled and said
"More than ever Dad".
"Let's do it girl" Aisha called out. She was her Chief Bridesmaid.
Shantel walked down the aisle with her father. She saw alot of familiar faces, she had 'ahed' and 'wowed' at them. She saw her teacher Mrs Zamani, who had aged a little but still as beautiful. She saw some Stefford Alumni's who had graced the occasion. The Alumni Association had called it a 'Stefford's Wedding'. Some delegates of Stefford Group of Schools had come too.
Her eyes met her her soon to be husband. He was so handsome and everything she prayed for. It was still unbelievable.
Her father had handed her hands over to him and went to take his seat. The Pastor then welcomed everyone present and led the vows.
After some minutes, he asked the couple to face the congregation and said,
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Mr and Mrs Nathan Okafor"
Joy filled the air, as people clapped and shouted in excitement. The Pastor then asked the couple to face themselves and he said,
"Now Mr Nathan Okafor, you may kiss your bride".
Nathan took the lips of his wife into his own, silently promising his lifetime commitment to her. Lost in their own little word, they wondered at how life had brought them together again after so many years. Who would have thought? Shantel smiled.