❦Dads will be dads

Start from the beginning

About a minute later she said, "I was just thinking about them not too long ago, I swear they've been together for forever" in response to my mention of my cousin and her boyfriend.

"They sure have"

"Can I see them, the outfits"

I flipped the camera and pointed it towards the floor showing her the front and back.

"Wow kota bug. Those are so good, you're so creative baby you get that from me."

I softly smiled at the use of the nickname she's called me for years and how I got my creativity from her, being that she used to sew pieces when she was younger, I don't know why she ever stopped. They were dope and very different.

"Thanks mom and I guess so huh"

"Well kotabug imma get off this phone and take myself to bed I've been up early and out all day"

"Ight mama love you and goodnight."

"Love you more baby good night," she blew a kiss at the screen before hanging up.

Exhausted from the call and my productive day, I got up from the living room and made my way to my room. I picked up the pack of woods from my nightstand drawer and the Mylar bag that held the 8th I had delivered to me a few hours ago.

I picked up my rolling tray that sat on the top of my night stand and began to hook up my phone Bluetooth to my sound-bar to play some music while I rolled up and smoked.

10 minutes into my session I decided to doordash me a large order of buffalo fries and an Oreo shake from the Buffalo Spot. After I completed that task I continued smoking the wood while I went to check my Instagram. I slid over to check my dms and seen that I had one from Nadalia, it wasn't nothing but a reply to the picture of the Dickies I put up on my story.

@ _yesimdolly : too raw ❤️‍🔥

@ kota2raw: shit I ain't Dakota 2 raw for nothing😂, but Preciate it 🖤

*@ _yesimdolly 😂 your message*

@ _yesimdolly: as I see

*you ❤️ a message*

A good eighteen minutes later once I was done smoking and being on instagram, just in my thoughts while I listened to the music I got a notification stating that my doordash had arrived.

I received my order and went back to my room now, turning the music off and putting on this movie called Extraction. My home girl told me to watch, she also stated it has a sequel so I guess this is what I'll be spending the rest of my night doing, how fun.

<33
N.S

"So have you decided if we going to that party on Friday or not?" Indiah questioned as we were making our way towards Chick-fil- to get some "dinner" that was across the street from the nail salon we were coming from, mind you late as hell being that our pedicures took a lil longer than expected.

"Why do you keep saying we? You can go if you want to go," I gave a mindless shrug.

"Girl you know I never do anything fun without you, or new and this is fun AND new, also that sounded like a no so was that a no?"

I busted out laughing from how fast she was talking, "you're literally so unserious and no it wasn't a no it was more so a 'if I decide not to go then you should still go' and ask me again tomorrow."

"Bet, as soon as I get to your house I'm ask-" I cut her off before she can continue.

"Tomorrow NIGHT, ask me tomorrow night," she smacked her lips before opening the door for me and her to enter the restaurant.

She had ordered a twelve piece chicken nugget meal with a frosted lemonade while I had ordered a grilled chicken sandwich meal with a lemonade and a bonus side of Mac and cheese.

"You gon be on the toilet tonight, I don't know why you ordered that," Diah pointed to my Mac with her straw before opening it and sticking it in her cup.

"Just like you will be after you finish that," I pointed to her frosted lemonade with my fork.

"Hm touché," she said with a small laugh.

We ate our food followed with mindless conversations until it was finally time to go back home.

I dropped Diah off down the street and made my way to the house, I seen all the lights were off except the oven light in the kitchen so I used my key to get inside instead of knocking, assuming my parents were asleep.

Once inside I noticed nobody in the living room and started to make my way up the stairs to my room, before I opened the door I heard my fathers voice.

"Dolly is that you?" He asked, "yeah dad didn't wanna wake y'all up."

"Oh okay sweetie hope you had a good night, we talk in the morning."

"Okay goodnight, kisses."

After the short interaction I made it into my room, throwing my purse onto my vanity seat and going towards my bathroom, ready to just wash the day off and take my ass to sleep to rejuvenate for tomorrow.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••