I Miss You

Drinks were just the beginning of Sergio's struggle without Luka. Practice was the following day and when Sergio woke up to his alarm blaring and Luka wasn't there to give him a kiss or tell him good morning, Sergio thought he'd smack someone.

Sergio tumbled out of bed and grabbed his phone making his call that he'd been dying for. They had called once when Luka got home but there was no other time available other than that so Sergio was more than ready.

"Hello Sergio," Luka's voice was soft reminding Sergio of how much he missed Luka.

"Luka," Sergio sounded relieved, "Good morning amor."

"Good morning," Luka replied back. "How did you settle in yesterday?" Sergio questioned wanting to make sure everything went well.

"Good. Some of the guys helped me out," Luka replied back but something sounded amiss.

"Is something wrong?" Sergio asked as he immediately caught notice of it.

"It's dumb really," Luka tried to dismiss it.

"Please Luka tell me," Sergio urged Luka to speak. "I just was thinking about you yesterday," Luka responded which confused Sergio.

"Do you not feel like we're working?" Sergio's voice was desperate.

"No!" Luka practically yelled, "No, no, no. It'd never be that."

"Then... I'm confused," Sergio admitted.

"I was thinking... well.. about you. In a dirty way," Luka stated the nervousness clear in his voice.

"Oh," Sergio was caught off guard, "Then I'm sure you'll be happy to know I couldn't stop thinking about what I'd do to you once you got back."

"Sergio!" Luka exclaimed through the phone then he whispered, "You dog."

"Hmm," Sergio hummed as if reminiscing, "That's not what you were saying in my imagination."

"Sergio I need you," Luka's voice came out embarrassed.

"Fuck," Sergio could also feel his body reacting, "I know I'll stop."

"I miss you so much," Luka groaned.

"I miss you Lukita," Sergio whispered. The line went quiet for a moment knowing that there minutes were close to an end.

"I love you," the words were so new to each other. This moment barely being the second time either of them had said it out loud.

"I love you. I'll call later," Sergio swore it.

"Good," Luka tried to muster as much happiness in his voice as he could, "And good luck at practice."

"Good luck," Sergio repeated right before the phone call cut.

"Shit," Now Sergio definitely knew that nothing would bring his mood up as much as calling Luka did. Sergio walked into practice with a visible frown on his face which most people just took as a sign to back off of him. Most people except Nacho.

"Sergio you look like you're going to kill someone," Nacho claimed as he clasped Sergio's shoulder. Sergio glared at him to which Nacho took notice of promptly removing his arm. But that didn't stop him from sitting right next to Sergio as he tied his laces.

"You alright?" Nacho asked seriously.

"Yeah. I'm good," Sergio replied unconvincingly.

"Okay you know I'm here," Nacho left it at that not wanting to push Sergio over the edge. As practice continued Sergio did his best to push himself as football was his only current distraction. He trained and sweated even harder so much so to the point that some were concerned.

"Excellent work," Mourinho clapped Sergio on the back.

"Thank you coach," Sergio nod his head acutely to which Mourinho gave his evil smile back to. Sergio walked solemnly back to the locker room barely paying attention to his surroundings.

"You alright there Sergio?" Christiano asked as he viewed Sergio's lost look.

"Alright," Sergio shrugged his shoulders.

"It's weird without Luka isn't it?" Christiano asked nonchalantly as he grabbed his bag.

Sergio seemed to stop but he stopped taking the question weirdly and responded with, "Yeah. I don't like it."

"Me too," Christiano agreed with Sergio clearly missing his best friend.

"You wouldn't happen to know if he's got someone?" Christiano asked.

Sergio felt himself involuntarily grin, "Nope. Don't think he's said anything to me. And reason why you ask?"

"Yeah he seems, I don't know... happier. Plus he's always locked onto his phone when he's with me. It just feels like he's a new person," Christiano explained.

"Oh that's interesting. Have you asked him?" Sergio continued to pretend to be oblivious.

"Yeah he just looks off and grins and then denies it! Like I know better than to trust that dopey grin," Christiano stated. Sergio couldn't help but burst out into a laughing fit.

"It's not funny Sergio I don't know what to believe!!!" Christiano stated angrily.

"I know I know. It's just funny how bad of a liar he is," Sergio replied laughs still in his voice.

"Yeah yeah," Christiano rolled his eyes, "I'm heading home." Sergio nod his head before making his own way out. The conversation he had with Christiano kept him happy for a bit but late at night is when he felt alone and wide awake. It was maybe one in the morning when he was startled from his depressed state at the sound of his phone ringing.

"Who's calling this late?" Sergio questioned as he stood up to grab his phone.

"Luka?" Sergio quickly answered the Facetime call.

"Sergiooooo," Luka slurred happily. He was alone and dropping into his hotel bedroom. "I missed youuuuu," Luka giggled.

Sergio chuckled slightly, "You're drunk Luka."

"Drunk schmunk. I wanted to talk to you cause you came up today. And I talked about how cool it is that I get to play with you and I was just sooooo happy that you're mine and yeah," Luka smiled his eyes completely shut.

"You're proud to be with me?" Sergio questioned.

"Obviouslyyyy," Luka rolled his eyes, "You're so funny and sexy." Luka giggled to himself at his own comments which Sergio found all endearing.

"I wanted to tell them, 'My ljubavi is sooooo much better than there's' but I got scared," Luka stated sadly and his hiccups commenced.

"Hm," Sergio hummed knowingly.

"I want to be with you again," Luka cried drunkly.

"Luka how about you head to bed for me," Sergio knew Luka needed sleep.

"Are you," Luka hiccuped, "Sick of me?"

"Nunca mi amor (Never my love)," Sergio reassured Luka, "You need to sleep."

Luka stopped his drink tears and nod his head, "See you tomorrow. I love you." And with that, the random call was over. Sergio was left with a lot to think about like the fact that Luka may want to tell friends about each other.

Sergio couldn't deny he'd had similar thoughts over whether they should tell family and friends. Now that he knew Luka had the same feeling he knew they should talk when he got back but for now he was satisfied with knowing that Luka was proud of being with him.

"He thinks I'm sexy," Sergio laughed to himself.