Traveling to the Living Planet

The Next Day

Justin walks around his house holding two duffel bags around his shoulders and wearing a backpack on his back. He looks around remembering the time he had with his father and other times he was home alone because his father was always working. "Are you ready to go kid ?" Ego asked Justin while he was standing in the doorway. "Yes sir." Justin said. "I know it's hard Justin but this will be a fresh start." Ego said. "Thanks Grandpa. I'm ready to go." Justin said walking out of the house. He turns around to see his house one last time and then sighs and walks away looking a sign saying house for sale. "Where are we going ?" Justin asked. "We are going to my ship." Ego answered. Justin looks ahead and sees a giant white sphere with gold lighting around it. "You look surprised" Ego commented. "It looks like a giant egg." Justin said in awe. "You got room for more ?" A voice called out. Justin and Ego turned and saw the others with suitcases and duffel bags. "Of course." Ego responds with a smile. "We should get going. My ship can travel fast enough to get to my planet in two or three hours." Ego said walking towards the ship. Cassie smiled at Justin, but he didn't smile back so he turned around and walked away. Cassie drops her smile and starts feeling sad because Justin didn't acknowledge her. "Cassie, are you okay ?" T.J. asked his girlfriend. "Yeah I'm fine" Cassie said. T.J. knew she was lying but he want to pressure her. "All right everyone. Let's go." Andros said. Everyone walked towards the ship and entered. They were amazed about how the ship looked on the inside.

"I'm going to rest now kid. Is there anything you need before I go to sleep ?" Ego asked Justin. "No thanks. I already have snacks and water bottles in case I get hungry or thirsty and I also have a Walkman if I want to listen to music." Justin said. Ego smiled. "You came prepared." Ego said. "I don't want to spend two or three hours being bored" Justin said with a smile. "I'll be waking up when we arrive." Ego said walking towards his room leaving Justin with the others. Justin looks around and he sees a couch and he walks towards it and lays down. Then he puts on his headphones and turns on his walkman. As he starts listening to music, Justin closes his eyes and he falls asleep.

Ashley looks at Justin with a worried look on her face. "Has anyone noticed anything strange about Justin ?" Ashley asked. "What do you mean ?" Andros asked his wife. " I think she means when I smiled at him and he didn't smile back or acknowledge me. " Cassie said with sadness. "That's what I mean. I really think that he's not happy about us being here. I mean he didn't greet us, he ignored us the entire time." Ashley explained. "I think we should give him space for now. If he doesn't want to talk us now then we wait until he's ready." Carlos said with reassurance. "I remember Justin being happy and excited but now he's being silent and closed off." T.J. said. All of the Rangers look towards the couch where Justin is currently sleeping.

Justin's Dream.

Justin is looking around with confusion and he sees a destroyed building with a sign saying Bulkmeier's. Justin walks towards the destroyed building and he sees a giant ribbon saying "Happy Anniversary to the Power Rangers". Justin scoffs. "Of course it's about the Power Rangers." Justin said with annoyance. He sees a calendar next to the ribbon reads it. "2003 ? That's one year from now." Justin said with confusion. Justin gets up and walks through wreckage sees a lot of destroyed decorations on the walls and on the floor. Then he trips on something and he looks down and sees the lifeless body of Carlos on the ground. Justin jolts away in fear and then he steps on something behind him. He turns around and sees Ashley's body. Justin starts as he looks around and sees all of the Rangers laying on the ground dead. Not only does he see his former teammates but he also sees different members from different teams. From Mighty Morphin to Wild Force, every member was laying the ground dead but the only one he doesn't see is Kat. Justin started to hear crying from outside of the building and he sees someone standing over Kat while is sitting on the ground with tears rolling down her face and blood leaking from her left arm. "We never meant to hurt you. Please don't do this." Kat pleaded. But the mysterious figure doesn't say anything. The figure instead grabbed by the neck and raised her from the ground while she continued to cry. "I'm sorry" Kat choked out. The figure squeezes her neck until it snaps and he drops her to the ground. Justin looks at Kat's body in shock because he didn't expect anything brutal. The figure turns and Justin sees that it's an older version of him with an glowing gold eyes and an angry look on his face. "Me ?" Justin asked with look of fear in his eyes.

Justin wakes up with a gasp as he looks around sees the others sleeping in separate places around the room. He gets and starts walking out of the room and then he sees his grandfather walking towards him. "Hey Justin." Ego greeted. "Hey grandpa. Are we almost there ?" Justin greeted and asked. " Yes. We're now approaching the planet. Shall I wake your friends ?" Ego asked. "Yes. We should let them know that we're here." Justin said. Ego nodded and walked out of the room. Justin stands in the hallway thinking about his dream. "Why would I kill all the Rangers ?" Justin asked himself quietly. Justin felt scared and confused about his dream. He wondered why he would kill his former teammates and other rangers. He was angry at them but he didn't understand why he would kill them. Then he felt someone tapping his shoulder, he jolts and sees that it was Ashley with a worried look on her face. "Justin are you okay ?" Ashley asked with concern. Justin just looks at her with a blank expression on his face and walks away. Ashley was watching Justin as he walked away and she started to feel sad until someone placed a hand on her shoulder and looked back and saw Andros. "Are you okay ?" Andros asked. Ashley nodded but he noticed the look of sadness on her face and decided not to question her. Everyone entered a craft and they started to leave the ship and fly to Ego's Palace.

On their to palace, everyone is looking around seeing the beauty of the planet. "This is beautiful." Cassie said with a smile on her face. Then they see colorful bubbles floating around them. Carlos pokes one and it multiplies, causing him to laugh. The craft landed in front the statue near the Palace. Everyone steps off the craft and started walking towards the palace and they stop at a statue of the Turbo Rangers. "I thought that since my grandson was part of a generation of heroes, why not honor that generation." Ego said with a smile, while the others looking at the statue impressed, Justin looked at it with a blank expression on his face. Justin turns away with a sad look on his face, Ego notices Justin's discomfort decides to change the subject. "Now let's get to the palace. There is something I would like to show you all." Ego announced. Everyone walked into the palace and they saw statues everywhere. "I don't know where I came from exactly. First thing I remember is flickering, adrift in the cosmos utterly and entirely alone. Over millions of years I learned to control the molecules around me. I grew smarter and stronger. And I continued building from there, layer by layer, the very planet you walk on now. But I wanted more. I desired meaning. I thought that there must be some life out there in the universe besides just me. And so, I set myself the task of finding it. I created what I imagined biological life to be like down to the most minute detail. I wanted to experience what it truly meant to be human as I set out amongst the stars until I found what I sought. Life. I was not alone in the universe after all." Ego narrated. The statues started changing showing Ego's origins. "When did you mean my grandmother ?" Justin asked. Ego turned around and gave him a smile. "Not long after. It was with Meredith that I first experienced love. I always called her my river lily. And from that love, Justin, your father." Ego said. "Why didn't you ever visit ?" Justin asked. Ego had a sad look on his face. "I couldn't stay on Earth as much as I wanted to. My humanoid form had to return to my planet regularly or else my planet will decay if I didn't return. I left your grandmother so many times that she couldn't take it. One time she said that if I again then I'm not allowed to come back. When she died I visited your father, and he didn't want me around. I tried to reconcile with him but he hated me for not being around when he grew up. I did visit two more times, I visited him when he got married, and when you were born. He allowed me be to be there for a short time but he never wanted me to stay for a while. When I found out he was dying I knew I had to see you. I'm the only family you have left and I want you to stay with me. I want you to give me a chance. Will you give me that chance, Justin ?" Ego explained. Justin stayed silent for a moment and the rangers were watching the interaction with worried looks on their faces. Justin smiled at Ego. "Of course I'll give you a chance." Justin said. Ego smiled at him. "Now let show where you all be sleeping." Ego said.