Chapter 1

Florida, Winter Haven. 2002

Justin Stewart is currently in the hospital waiting to see his father. He is currently sitting in a chair tapping his foot on the floor waiting impatiently for the doctor to come out of the room. He just celebrated his 17 birthday last week with his father until he found out something terrible. 

While he was looking for his father around the house he noticed a paper on the table that said it was from the hospital and when he confronted his father about it he found out something that shocked him to his core, his father had cancer for two months and never told him.

 Ever since then Justin did everything he could to take of his father since he doesn't have anyone else. Justin doesn't have any known relatives so it's only been him and his dad. 

The doctor comes out of the room and Justin jolts out of his seat walks towards the doctor. "How is he ?" Justin asked. The doctor sighed and gives Justin a sad look. "I'm sorry kid. I'm afraid he won't make it. All I can say is that you should your goodbyes." said the Doctor.

 Justin looks at the doctor wide eyed with tears coming through his eyes. Justin didn't want to believe it, his father was going to die and without his father, he wouldn't have anyone else left. Justin walks into his father's room. 

He sees his father, Doug Stewart laying in the hospital bed looking peaceful. "Dad ?" Justin asked softly. Doug opened his eyes and turned to look at Justin, and he smiled. "Hey, son." Doug responded. 

"I'm sorry that this is happening to you dad. I wish that we had more time together." Justin said with tears in his eyes. Doug drops his smile and holds Justin's hand and Justin looks at Doug with a sad face. 

"I'm the one who should be sorry. I kept changing jobs and moving into different cities and states. You had friends and I took that away from you. Instead of trying to be a father to you, I put my work first and I always left you alone. It's my fault we didn't have enough time but I am happy that I was able to see the accomplishments you made. You graduated high school at 16 and you were able to build your own car. There are a lot of things that I'm very proud of. " Doug says. 

Justin continues to cry and looks away from Doug. "Dad, I have no one. What am I supposed to do when you're gone. You're the only family I have left." Justin said through tears. 

Doug shook his head. " You do have a family. All of your friends back at Angel Grove" Doug said. Justin frowns at the mention of his former friends. "They are not my friends anymore" Justin said through his teeth with snarl. 

"Justin, you can't push them away. I know you hate them but you can't hate them forever. You have to forgive them. Being angry is a sickness. I don't want you to hate them for the rest of your life. I love you son. But I'm going to a better place now and you need to live your life and be happy. Ever since I first laid my eyes on you when you were a baby, I knew that you were special. My little boy has grown into a magnificent young man. I want you to remember. I love you, Justin. I always have and I always will. Even when I'm gone, I know that you will always be good person and try to help people in need." Doug finished his speech. 

Justin listened to what his father said and began to think of what he was going to do. 'Maybe I should forgive them.' Justin thought. " Thank you, Dad." Justin said. Justin didn't hear a response and started shaking his dad. "Dad ? Dad ?" Justin asked. Justin looked at the beeper and sees that the line is going straight. Justin's eyes start watering and he starts crying. Justin kissed his Father's cheek and walks out of the room. The doctor sees him and starts approaching him. "I'm sorry for your loss, kid." The doctor said. Justin nods at and walks to the exit and leaves the hospital. He starts walking home then he heard a voice talking to him. 

"How unfortunate" someone said. Justin turned around he saw man with white beard and wearing a suit and tie. "What do you mean sir ?" Justin asked. " I mean it's unfortunate that your father died before I could reconcile with him." The man said. Justin looked at the man confused. "I'm sorry, who are you ?" Justin asked. The man smirks at him."I thought my rugged good looks would make that obvious. My name is Ego, and I'm your grandfather Justin." The man said with a smile. Justin looks at the man shocked.