Chapter 1

Reigen Arataka had his strong points.

He gave useful advice, was a great speaker and he wasn't that stupid - quite the opposite actually. Generally, he was a good person and was good at helping people.

So - a fair amount of strong points.

Alcohol wasn't one of them.

He was terrible at handling it actually.

And that day his alcohol tolerance wasn't any stronger. He was slouched over, lying with his head on the table in front of him. His mind was the same as his vision, a blur. He didn't see anything but colors and some basic shapes and ke kept blacking out.

He came here with a few people he met in high school and never particularly got along with that well. He didn't have anything better to do and that was the only reason he tagged along.

If he was in his right mind, he would be thinking to himself "why". But he wasn't. He didn't even know where he was.

As time passed he realized he was alone and that he was... somewhere. Still not knowing where exactly. He could hear the music. See the flashing, colorful lights. He managed to sit up, only to have his head fall backwards on his seat. The ceiling was looking right down at him. He could somewhat move, however he was far too wobbly to try and make it anywhere, so there was no chance he could get home by himself.

There was no point in trying.

All he could do was sit and wait to sober up. He knew no one was coming to "save" him.

He's always managed to get out of his mess. This time he felt hopeless. He didn't know what was going to happen to him. How long has he been there? What did he drink? He didn't remember anything.

Suddenly he felt a hand tapping his shoulder.

Shivers ran down his spine, he had no idea who was touching his shoulder or what intentions they might've had. He was just sober enough to get scared. He wanted to speak up, but he couldn't voice his thoughts properly.

"Are you okay sir? Do you need help? Are you alone here?"

Reigen was a little less scared. He could hear the worry in the deeper voice of the man that was trying to communicate with him.

"I... umh..." Reigen tried to say something but his mouth wasn't obeying him. He couldn't form proper words.

He felt something cold against his lips. Seconds later he felt cold liquid run down his throat. It was water. The man was trying to get him to sober up. Reigen wasn't fully aware of that, but the alcohol took away any strength he had in his arms before, so he couldn't push him away even if he wanted to.

Reigen's eyes turned toward the source of the helping hand. His vision was still messy, but he could see a pair of dark eyes looking back at him.

Another glass of water was emptied down his throat. And another. After that third one he could mumble out words that made more sense than before.

"Are you alone here?" the man asked again. Reigen looked around and shrugged. He had no idea where the people he came here with were. The man looked around as well, not knowing who he was searching for in the first place. "Would you feel better in a quieter place?" "Mhm...," Reigen mumbled.

His arm was put over the other's shoulders and when they stood up, he felt really heavy. He could barely move his legs. Thankfully the guy dragging him seemed to be strong enough to support all of Reigen's weight.

Reigen felt lighter again when he was placed on a sofa. "Do you have any documents on you?" the man asked. Reigen patted the pocket on his chest. The guy carefully took it out and looked for any documents. Surely enough, there was an ID card. Too bad there weren't any documents with Reigen's address.