Ch 1 Kenma

Shoyo Hinata, I've never forgotten that name.

My first impression of him was that he was gonna be a hyperactive person that would be exhausting to deal with. I was right about him being hyperactive but we get along pretty well.

Nekoma and Karasuno have a practice match later today. Kuroo and Daichi came up with the idea of switching up the teams. I ended up being on a team with Shoyo, Nishinoya, and Yamaguchi. Nishinoya is pretty good at receives but is so loud. That is going to be annoying to deal with. Yamaguchi is only good at serves. Other than that he needs to work on basic skills. Shoyo is obviously the best in attacking and being a decoy but is also very loud. I don't exactly mind him being loud though. He's one of my only exceptions for loud people that I like.

I get to work with Shoyo.. this'll be interesting. Is this how being enthusiastic feels?

I heard a notification from my phone. It was from Shoyo. We had exchanged numbers after the first practice match we had.

From: Shoyo
subject: Practice match
KENMA!! ARE YOU EXCITED?? WE CAN FINALLY PLAY ON THE SAME TEAM :DD

From: Me
subject: re: Practice match
I suppose it'll be nice to change up teams for once.

From: Shoyo
subject: re: re: Practice match
Do you wanna practice with me? Pretty pleaseeeee :)

The last thing I want to do right now is practice. I just got out of bed in the Nekoma sleeping quarters and all I wanted to do was play video games. I strangely felt the need to get up and practice with him. I'll make an exception this time.

His response still makes me smile. I liked the way Shoyo was expressive in his texts with the emojis he made. Maybe I should too?

From: Me
subject: re: re: re: Practice ma...
Sure Shoyo :) Where do you want to practice?

From: Shoyo
subject: re: re: re: re: Prac...
Come to the gym in 10? We'll be there soon anyways :D

From: Me
subject: re: re: re: re: re: Pr...
Alright, see you there Shoyo :)

From: Shoyo
subject: re: re: re: re: re: re...
YAY! CYA THERE KENMA :D

Maybe practicing won't be so bad after all.

(Sorry for a short chapter. I plan to make them a bit lengthier later on but for now it's just the start)