A pesky human

Stephan's POV:

Stephan's POV:

"I win!" Vivian cheered while taunting me. Turns out I might be a great shooter in the mafia, but when it comes to shooting water in a moving mechanical clown's mouth, I'm shit at it.

"Which stuffy do you want?" The stall owner asked her and after deep thought, she chose a cute as fuck dog.

I already know where this is going.

"It's so cute! Right?" She asked me to which I nodded while chuckling a bit.

"It's for you. I won it for you." She handed me the dog while smiling cheekily causing my smile to fall into a scowl.

"Seroiusly? A dog?" I scowled at her.

"Well yeah. Cause it reminds me of you." She spoke while trying to control her laugh.

I just stared at her blankly.

"What? Don't be like that. The dog represents how we first met. A dog was chasing you on the beach while you screamed bloody murder so I swooped in and saved you cute little butt." She smiled cheekily and on seeing my expression, burst out laughing.

Her laugh, being contagious, made me laugh too. Damn, I really do like her. Have since the past two years. I still remember that day. The day she saved my butt from getting bitten off by a dog.

Two years ago

"Guys, I'm going for a walk." I told my hungover friends. When they just groaned in reply, I shrugged and walked out of the cottage we rented.

It being early moring, the sky is all clear and the beach isn't crowded giving me a pleasant and calm time to think about the mission. I'm here with my friends but we're all actually on a mission for the mafia.

I was looking over at the sea which was my biggest mistake cause the next thing I know, a ferocious fucking dog is chasing me cause I stepped on its tail while the dog's owner is running and shouting behind us for the dog to stop.

It being a pretty big dog, no idea which breed, nearly bit me in the ass causing me to run even faster screaming bloody murder.

I'm dying today.

By the hands, technically mouth, of a bloody fucking big ass dog.

In my frenzy to save my butt, I didn't see when someone run up to us and got hold of the dog's leash while simultaneously calming it the fuck down.

After running about 50 meters more, I turned to look behind and when I saw that a girl had calmed the dog, I cautiously walked back.

"What the hell were you doing?!" Is the first thing I hear when I near the girl and the dog owner who had caught up to her now.

"Be a better fucking dog owner if you wanna keep a dog. It could have bitten that poor guy's ass off if I was a bit late. If you wanna walk your dog then look at him rather than looking at your phone while walking." She furiously scolded the guy while handing him the dog's leash.