✧ ˚ 32 · thirty-two .

Start from the beginning

Ava looked up at Pepper, tears in her eyes, "Really?"

Pepper's gaze softened as she looked into Ava's eyes, a genuine warmth in her expression. "Yes, really," she affirmed gently. "Tony loves you, Ava. Sometimes people need time to process things, but family has a way of finding common ground, even in difficult situations."

Ava's tears welled up further, and she wiped at her eyes with the back of her hand. "I hope so."

Pepper pulled Ava into another hug, offering comfort in the gesture. "I know it's hard, but don't lose hope. Give it some time, and when you're ready, reach out to him. I believe things will work out."

Ava nodded against Pepper's shoulder, "Can I stay here for the weekend?"

Pepper pulled back slightly to look at Ava, her smile warm and reassuring. "Of course, dear. You're always welcome here. Take all the time you need. And remember, I'm here for you if you want to talk or just be around someone who understands."

Ava's lips curved into a grateful smile, and she brushed away her lingering tears. "Thank you... Mom."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

The flickering glow of the TV screen illuminated the room as Ava watched the news report, her heart sinking at the unfolding events. The words "Explosion in Lagos" blared from the screen, and her eyes widened as the realization hit her like a punch to the gut. Wanda had blown up a building.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

The cool breeze swept over the rooftop, ruffling Ava's hair as she sat in contemplation. Her phone lay beside her, a constant reminder of the messages and missed calls from her father. The weight of recent events, combined with the unresolved tensions between them, hung heavy in the air. She knew she had to return home soon, she had to prepare for school.

Her footsteps were hesitant as she made her way back to the compound, her heart fluttering with a mixture of nerves and determination. She knew that facing her father was inevitable, but the thought of their confrontation weighed heavily on her mind.

As she entered the compound, she glanced around, hoping to avoid any direct encounters with Tony. Her steps were purposeful yet cautious, taking her through less-travelled corridors and hidden passages that she had become familiar with over the past year. She was like a shadow, darting from one place to another, her instincts guiding her away from potential encounters.

Her heart raced as she neared her room, hoping to slip in unnoticed to change for school. The corridors seemed quieter than usual, as if the compound itself sensed the tension that hung in the air. Ava's fingers brushed against the doorknob, and she entered her room with a sigh of relief.

Inside her room, she gently shut the door, her body sinking against it as she closed her eyes, attempting to calm the wild thumping of her heart.

"Hiding from someone, little Stark?" a voice chimed in from behind her, causing her to startle.

"Wanda!" A relieved grin spread across her face, and she rushed towards the Sokovian, enveloping her in a heartfelt hug. "Are you okay?"

Wanda's eyes held concern as she returned the embrace. "I should be asking you that. I came back hoping to find my best friend, and she was nowhere to be seen. Then your father brushed off any questions about you."

Ava's smile wavered, her shoulders sagging as she released Wanda from the hug. "It's been... complicated," she admitted, her gaze dropping to the floor.

Wanda's brows furrowed with worry. "Complicated how?"

Ava hesitated, her fingers absentmindedly twisting a strand of her hair. "My dad found out about my powers... and Peter," she confessed, her voice heavy with the weight of the recent events. "We had this huge argument, and I just... needed some space."