End-A-Rooney

I was at the school, talking to a teacher. I ran into the lab, realizing Parker was there.

I hugged him tightly. "Did you hear the news?"

"We're gonna be the best-looking couple in the biodome?" Parker guessed, kissing the top of my head.

"True, but no," I reasoned. I let go of him. "We're going to the biodome next week."

A small hint of fear flooded Parker's eyes. "What? No, it's for the school year. We're not supposed to go until the end of the summer."

"The biodome was moved from L.A. to the salt flats of Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia," I explained.

"Salar-salt-de-flutey-what now?" Parker questioned.

I smiled softly. "Are you okay?"

"Mom's plans are going to be ruined," Parker admitted.

"I like to think of it as small setbacks for a bigger future," I reasoned. "Excited?"

Parker smiled. "Always have been."

~~~

After school, Liv drove me down to the set. We were finally cleaning out our dressing rooms after the finish of season one. My stuff was in a small box, considering I could fit a lot in a small box. Liv walked in, carrying a box around the same size as mine.

"All right. Well, this is it." Liv set her stuff down in a chair. "My dressing room is all cleared out."

A woman ran onto the set. "Liv, honey, baby! The Bick is back!"

"Hi, Becky!" Liv hugged her. "Oh, (Y/n). This is my manager, Becky."

I smiled at her.

"Before you ask, I don't rep kids," Becky admitted. "I have news about the Broadway show you auditioned for. Liv... They want you to be the lead."

Liv gasped, covering her mouth in shock. "You're going to Broadway, baby!"

Liv and I screamed in excitement, thriving in happiness.

"Oh, wait, wait! Wait! How can I do Sing it Louder and also still have time to do Dubba, Dubba Double Duchess?" Liv asked.

"You're doing Duchess for three months. You'll be back for season two!"

Season two would resume when I got back from the biodome. I'm so glad the producers agreed to Gemma's time frame. We would need to work our butts off, but I would be in the season as Sasha again.

"This is everything that I have ever wanted," Liv admitted. "When do I leave for New York?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Liv and I questioned.

"Yes. Oh, I... I am so sorry I made your dreams come true so fast," Becky said with a smile. "Buh-bye from the Bick!"

Liv looked at my sad face and hugged me tightly. I wouldn't get to see her for a while.

~~~

Parker texted me to come over after dinner. We sat around a campfire on the beach.

"Okay. Let's finish our Night of Rooney with a bonfire secret sesh," Mrs. Rooney decided. "We'll all share something that no one knows. Okay. Who wants to go first?" She didn't even wait a moment. "Alright, I'll go. For the past fifteen years, I have been moonlighting as a birthday party clown. My name is Tangles. You wanna see my silly walk?"

"No."

"Um, well, sometimes, I hold my own hand and pretend I have a boyfriend," Ruby admitted.

Everyone smiled at Ruby as Parker interlocked our hands.

"All right," Willow spoke up. "My real name isn't Willow. It's Winifred."

"Winifred," Diggie laughed.

"What are you laughing at, Digbert?" Willow snapped.

"Yoga makes me angry," Dena admitted.

"My middle name is..." Parker trailed off. "Nah, I'm just kidding. You're never gonna find out!"

"I have lived in all fifty states," I said, knowing it was probably lame.

"That's really cool." Mrs. Rooney grinned.

"I watch Parker while he's sleeping," Joey announced. "What? He looks so peaceful."

"I can't believe I'm admitting this, but... I text with Artie!" Liv blurted. "Okay, what? He gives really great advice."

"Okay." Maddie looked awkward. "Well, Liv, you have thoroughly ruined that game. Um... Do you want to actually sing something? And then, maybe, Diggie, you can strum along?"

"Sure." Diggie pulled out a guitar.

"I'm up with the sunshine. I lace up my high tops. Slam dunk, ready or not? Yeah, show me what you got. I'm under the spotlight. I dare you, come on and follow. You dance to your own beat, I'll sing the melody. When you say yeah, I'll say no. When you say stop, all I want to do is go, go, go. You, you. The other half of me, me. The half I'll never be. The half that drives me crazy. You, you. The better half of me, me. The half I'll always nee-" Liv choked on her words from tears, "and we all know."

"We're better in stereo."