Sing It Louder!!-A-Rooney

"Hey, Liv. How are things in Cali?"

"Great! Actually, um, it's a lot better here than a destroyed house."

I laughed. "I get that. How's Parker?"

"Currently going to a science school."

"Oh, it must be a dream there. Why'd you call?"

"So... Have you acted in a while?"

"It's been a year. Why?"

"Well, there's this new show that's returning. It's called Sing It Louder. And there's the lead character, Sasha. And we cannot find a good enough Sasha because apparently I set the bar too high."

"Well, when's the audition?"

"I can make it tomorrow and Gemma is happy to put you on a flight this afternoon."

"Okay, great! I'll confirm everything with my mom and then I will be on that plane faster than you can say acting."

Liv laughed. "Great. See you then."

"Bye."

~~~

I landed in L.A. a few hours later. It was really hot. I saw Liv standing in the crowd.

"Hey, sis!" Liv said as she hugged me tightly.

I grinned. "I'm so glad to see you guys. You have no idea how lonely high school has been."

"I can imagine," Liv admitted. "Come on! I'll take you to the set."

Liv and I drove to a bunch of buildings. She walked me inside. Gemma was waiting.

"Liv! Are you and, uh, little Liv ready?" Gemma asked. "Because we need a Sasha bad. We've seen twenty kids today, and the network hated every last one. Child, pay attention to my words. You are our last hope."

"I am?" I questioned in disbelief.

"Yes." Gemma nodded.

"Gemma, look at me. Closer!" I pulled her close, knowing the game she liked to play. "I will promise you that I will rock this network the hardest I have ever rocked before. I am ready to pour my heart out into every single word."

"I love this kid already!" Gemma exclaimed.

I auditioned, knowing that I was going to be like those other kids. Liv watched me proudly from the side. Gemma was smiling the whole time. I could relate to Sasha. I felt strange in a new place, and I was a bit of a troublemaker when I was younger.

I stayed with a friend that night, having a really great sleepover with her. The next morning, I got the call. I screamed in delight when they told me I got the part. I was going to be Sasha.

And the best part was, I could be with my boyfriend again.

~~~

Liv walked down the steps, holding a mug. "Hey. It's Stephanie. I brought cocoa. Come on. Talk to me, Sasha."

I gave in, popping my head out from the plant I was using to disguise myself with. "Did you bring marshmallows?"

"We were out," Liv admitted.

"Then I'll be in my plant." I hid again.

"Why are you hiding?" Liv asked.

I popped my head up again. "Because I'm new. And I don't want people to know what I did to make the judge send me here."

"That's what you're worried about?" Liv questioned. "Sasha, everyone here has done something wrong." She helped me out of the plant. I took off my hat. "So... Come on. Why don't you—Why don't you tell me what it is that you did."

"I can't. I don't want people to think I'm bad," I explained.

"You know what, Sasha? Sometimes all you need is just one second chance."

Liv started singing, and I followed along. Liv looked impressed by how well I could sing.

"So, what'd you do?" Liv asked.

"Still not telling," I replied.

"Cut!" Gemma called. "That was awesome!" She laughed. "I can get a dog."

"That was so much fun," I gushed.

Liv and I hugged each other tightly. This was so amazing.