Stand Up-A-Rooney

I walked into BOOMS, my hands shaking with anxiety. New school, new people.

"Hey, (Y/n)."

I walked up to Parker. He kissed the top of my head, making a blush grace my face and a smile form. "What do you say? Me and you, Friday night?"

I looked past him at the poster and the banner he was motioning to. "Always, Parker." I kissed his cheek and walked into class.

Parker walked into class a few moments later, shaking more than I was. "Hey... (Y/n). What are you going to wear for that thing we're doing?"

"Dress code's on the flyer," I said, confused. "I'll see you there."

~~~

"Okay. So, dilemma!" I called into the house.

"What's up?" Gabriella said.

Gabby had really thin brown hair that was pulled up into a small bun. Her brown eyes looked up at me, curious. No doubt, she was writing another idea down for her music. She was really dedicated to marching band. Unfortunately, she went to another local high school.

"My boyfriend supposedly asks me to the dance at BOOMS, right?" I said. "Well, right behind him was a chemistry challenge. Now I don't know what to do or what to wear, so please tell me what to do and what to wear!"

"You know, I had a similar situation. We had a murder mystery party for another club right before our school dance. I wore my detective outfit, and the dress underneath the coat was also for the dance," Gabby explained.

"So, what should I do in this situation?" I questioned.

"Dress under the lab coat. I'll help you with the subtlety of your makeup," Gabby answered.

"You're the best." I headed up to my room to do homework.

~~~

I had my dress under a lab coat. I looked around for Parker, expecting him to be in a lab coat. He looked really cute in a suit. He even had a boutineer. A corsage was hidden behind his back as I approached him.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Parker looked down, probably feeling awkward. "Look at you... dressed for the biochem challenge."

"Parker, have I ever said no to dancing with you?" I asked, unbuttoning my coat to reveal my dress.

Parker grinned. I walked closer to him and pulled him into a kiss by his jacket. He slipped the corsage on delicately. He took my arm and walked me into the gym. Together, we won the biochem challenge and absolutely crushed dancing.