Joy To-A-Rooney

I had gotten something for each of the Rooney siblings. Parker got two, obviously. I raced down there in a Christmas sweater, leggings, and fur boots to put their presents under the tree so when we got together, they could open them.

"Hello," I greeted the Rooneys as I walked into their house.

"What brings you by?" Mrs. Rooney asked.

"Came to drop these off for Christmas night." I held up the stack of five presents. "My mom is all set."

"Well, that's great." Mrs. Rooney smiled.

"I gotta go," I admitted, looking at my watch.

Parker quickly got up and hugged me. "See you."

"See you," I replied, walking out.

~~~

Parker and I sat on the couch at my house, watching Christmas movies back to back.

"Finally. An escape from Munch and my family." Parker sighed in relief.

"Why's Joey giving you trouble?" I questioned.

"I gave Joey this coupon book that I've been giving Mom for years by accident. He's using all of them today, and it's starting to get humiliating," Parker explained.

"You're always welcome here if you need an escape room," I assured him.

Parker smiled, wrapping an arm around me. It was really nice having him as a boyfriend. Being friends before that made our bond even stronger. I laid my head on his shoulder, smiling as How the Grinch Stole Christmas appeared on the queue.

~~~

Joey opened the door. I stared. Parker was in a candy cane suit, frozen.

"Joey!" Parker pulled him down the steps with his cane. "I am not dancing in front of my girlfriend. Nothing under that tree is worth humiliating myself."

"Wait, Parker," I called, knowing he was embarrassed.

"What?" Parker looked at me in shame.

I walked up to him and kissed his cheek. I smiled. "Merry Christmas."

Parker's cheeks got hot as he rushed upstairs to change.

~~~

Parker and I sat next to each other amongst the table full of people.

"Here comes Momma's famous Christmas Eve dinner!"

~~~

"Thanks for having us, Liv," Gemma said. "Can someone please pass the gravy?"

Johnny picked up the gravy. "The gravy is on its way-vy."

Gemma smiled. "Maddie, thanks again for having me. Haven't had this much fun on Christmas Eve since I covered that torrential thunderstorm in Fond du Lac."

"I used to be a storm chaser. Tell me everything," Gemma demanded.

Joey stared at the scene. "Weird." He turned to Parker. "Anyway, I'm sorry I got so carried away with those coupons. I told Mom to give you all your presents."

"Thanks, but, I get it. I'm too old to still be giving coupon books as gifts," Parker reasoned.

"Maybe. But, I got you something to make it up to you." Joey handed him a folded piece of paper.

Parker took it and unfolded it. "A 'Free Hugs from Joey for Life' coupon? Thanks."

"You wanna cash it in now?" Joey suggested.

"I do. Merry Christmas, Willow." Parker handed her the paper.

Willow gasped and stood up. "Free Joey hugs for life? God bless us. Everyone!"

"Let's eat!"