SPARF-A-Rooney

"(Y/n)!"

Parker ran up to me during passing period. Perfect opportunity.

"I have something to ask you," Parker and I said in unison.

"You go first," I insisted, both of us smiling.

"Do you want to... possibly go with me to SPARF with me?" Parker asked nervously.

I grinned, holding up two golden tickets. "Already bought them for us."

Parker picked me up and hugged me tightly. I couldn't wait for that night. He explained that he gave one to his older brother, and one to his sister for her date. I was smiling the whole time as I walked to class.

~~~

The night of SPARF, I walked to Parker's house. I was dressed up in a pale pink tank top and navy blue shorts. I had really comfortable silver sandals on. My hair was curled, and light makeup was put on.

When Parker opened the door, he stopped and stared. He took me and twirled me in.

"You never fail to look beautiful," Parker said, my blush growing. "You look better than beautiful. You're stunning. Even better than that, actually."

I giggled. "Thank you, Parker."

We got to the park by taking a car with Maddie and her jerk of a date. He kept telling me to fix my whole appearance, from the jewelry I was wearing to suggesting I wear contacts to change my eye color. Parker had enough when he said something about fixing my lips and he told the jerk to cool it.

We had a lot of fun. Andy Grammer was performing, so we jammed out to that at the end of the night. Parker really knew how to dance, almost as well as the professional dancers I've worked with.

Parker and I were laughing and talking incessantly when we got back in the car. My cheeks hurt, and Parker sent me laughing to the point where I almost doubled over laughing.

"I had a lot of fun tonight," Parker admitted.

"I did. I really did, too," I replied. "I'm so glad I got to go with my boyfriend."

Maddie was more than happy to leave Tod at his house. She sighed in relief once the door was closed, and we sped out of there quickly. She looked at us; Parker's arm around me and my head on his shoulder.

"I'm really glad you're with Parker," Maddie admitted to me.

"Me too," I replied. I looked up at the boy. "Thanks for taking me."

Parker smiled. "My pleasure."

Parker dropped me off at my front door, kissing my hand. I smiled and pulled him in for a hug. He was warm compared to the cool night air. Smiling, I waved as Parker got in the car. Happiness still lingered as I fell asleep.