Falcon-A-Rooney

I set my pencil down after finishing a part of the project and laid my head on my boyfriend's shoulder. Parker crossed his left hand under his arm so he could hold my hand. I heard footsteps and looked over.

"Hey, Mads," I greeted the twin.

"Hey," Maddie replied, smiling. "Parker, come on. Let me go play basketball with your girlfriend."

"Maddie, it's not that. It's this project," I explained. I looked at Parker. "Can we take a break?"

"Of course. Want a snack?" Parker asked, jumping up as I leaned back.

"Yes, please. Whatever you want." I smiled tiredly at him. "Thank you."

Parker kissed my forehead. "Of course."

~~~

The bell rang, freeing us from the science classroom. Finch ran in.

"You gotta come see what's happening in the courtyard," Finch said excitedly.

"Is somebody challenging me to a dance battle?" Joey asked. "Because Falcon... accepts."

"BOOMS is about to unveil a new mascot," Finch explained.

"New mascot? BOOMS has a mascot?" Parker questioned.

"We did. But one horrible, terrible day..."

We walked outside, looking at Skeeter. He had a sinister look in his eye. "I heard that as a tribute to you, our new mascot is going to be a falcon."

"Well, how about that?" Joey smiled.

"Hello, BOOMS. It is I, Skeeter. Your beloved student body president and formerly the coolest kid in school," Skeeter greeted.

"Until Falcon took it all away," Finch remarked. "Falcon."

"Falcon! Falcon! Falcon!"

Joey silenced the crowd chanting his name. "Sorry, Skeeter. I have a rabid fan base."

"You came to see a new mascot. Instead, I give you... revenge!"

Skeeter pulled off the sheet, revealing Artie and his minions. I pulled off the best horror movie shriek I could get. Some people backed away. I hid behind Parker, pretending to be horrified at the ugly sight.

"What's going on?" Val asked.

"Yeah. Who is that guy?" Finch added.

"That's not a guy. That's a poop in a vest," Parker taunted.

"His name is Artie Smalls," Skeeter revealed. "He's come from Wisconsin to take Falcom down!"

"That's right. I've traveled from the land of cheese and sausage on a mission. A mission to tell you that your hero Falcon is a fraud!" Artie exclaimed. "But first, what's the Wi-Fi password? I need to email my mom that I've arrived safely."

"Duh. The password's falcon," Val answered.

Artie handed his phone to one of the minions. "Minions, type it. I can't even."

~~~

Liv pulled me into the set. "Sasha, did you steal something from my room?"

I shook my head, obviously lying. Liv looked at me, not buying it. "Open your hand."

I showed her the necklace reluctantly. "Sasha, this is the only thing that I have from my mother. How could you steal this?"

I pulled out my necklace. "I had to know if it matched mine."

Liv connected the necklaces. "How is that possible?"