» Chapter 20 «

C H A P T E R 2 0

C H A P T E R 2 0

Looking back, you could barely believe that not even 24 hours ago, both you and Baji were having one of the funniest and loveliest nights of your lives together. However, the frustration you were feeling right about now was making it hard for you to replenish in it. Especially if said frustration was directed towards Baji.

"I know you're hearing me; your ears are cocked towards me. Stop ignoring me, you menace." Said boy teased, looking at you, in all your cat glory laying on the windowsill.

Despite his pointless effort, you continued to ignore the teenager, opting for curling further into yourself.

"I told ya, there's nothin' to worry about. So, there's no point in comin' with me."

Seeing you not responding to him, once again, Baji sighed and moved so he could stand behind you.

"(Name)." The sudden call of your name made your tail twitch in response, making Baji smile.

She can be really stubborn when she wants to.

"It's not my first time fightin' another gang, and you know those Moebus guys have nothin' on us. We can beat them easy."

Okay, here goes nothin'

"And Chifuyu will be there. So he will have my back, and I his no need to growl, so just trust us."

Grinning at his victory, and how his best friend's name would surely get another reaction out of the angel in front of him, Baji risked petting you. All the same, trying to ignore the small green monster in him that hated the affection you had for the blonde.

"It's safer for you to stay here. I won't take long, promise."

With those parting words, Baji scratched you behind your ears and left the house, all decked in his Toman uniform and ready to fight.

Because the sooner this shit show ended, the sooner he could be back home.

────✧❅✦❅✧────

Half an hour had passed since Baji left the house, and ever since your anxiety grew stronger and stronger. Something in you told you that this night was bound to end in a tragedy, but on whose side - Toman or Moebus - you didn't know.

Now standing all alone in the living room, you shifted back and took a seat on the couch, leaning on your knees and pinching the bridge of your nose in defeat.

Rationality speaking, you knew that to some degree Baji would be safe. After all, Tae still hasn't gotten his letter. But that didn't mean that he would leave this fight unscraped, and not to speak about the safety of the rest of his friends.

Was it really worth it to go against his request of staying home and make him angry, to go and stand beside him? You knew that the reason he asked you that was both because you hated violence, and because he was afraid that, somehow, he wasn't the only one that could see you, thus making you a possible liability.