» Chapter 16 «

C H A P T E R 1 6

C H A P T E R 1 6

It has been a while, you noted, since you left the timeline assigned to you and visited the Headquarters.

Granted, not much has changed, for as far as you could see, the place still looked as pristine looking as it did on the day you were created. With all its white and silver tones, the only diversity of colour came from its occupants, or in another words, from the Angels, Reapers and Messengers walking around.

Trying to keep a neutral look on your face, as to not show any kind of emotion to the people around you so that they wouldn't engage in conversation with you, you made your way towards the library. However, on your way there, you came across a particular Angel that made you break your serious façade and break into a smile.

There, leaning on a silver pillar, stood a tall blonde with her hair combed back into a neat bun. Resting on her nose, were her black glasses (she once told you she hated using them), and her sharp eyes were focused on a report on her hands. She was wearing a black form fitting suit, and some heals to finish up the look, and upon closer inspection you could see that on her left wrist stood a white hand-made bracelet with a sunflower charm on it.

She's still wearing it? You couldn't help but think, looking at the disaster of a bracelet you decided to gift her on her two thousand years' birthday. It was a clear contrast from her usual clean and sharp look, so you thought that she wouldn't use it.

As if sensing someone looking at her, the tall woman raised her head with a frown on her face that soon disappeared once she saw who it was. Seeing her move her head to the side so that you could join her, you couldn't help the skip on you steps as you approached her.

"Cirilla!" You exclaimed, fighting the urge to hug the older woman. The other people walking by looked at you weirdly, admiring your courage for approaching the intimidating woman.

"(name), darling." Closing the report, she moved her free hand so that she could touch your cheek in a motherly way. "It has been a while since I last saw you, how are you?"

"Good! I'm loving my time down there, it has been so incredible." Chuckling at your typical answer, Cirilla used the hand she had on your cheek to pinch your nose.

"You always say the same, child. But then again, you love your job, so I'm not surprised."

Grinning towards the older woman's words, you take her hand and hold it between yours. "What about you, Cirilla?"

"Same old, same old. Speaking of, you're once again on an assignment in Japan, right? I may go there one of these months, my human has to go there on a business trip, so I may as well accompany him..." Her last words were spoken in a lower voice as if just thinking now about the situation. Once set on the new plan, she nodded her head at herself and looked at you with determination.

"Ooh, that would be amazing! I know a lot of places you would love to see!"

"It's settled then. Now, it's rare for you to leave a human's side, what brings you here?" Leave it to Cirilla to be as sharp as a knife. It was true what she was saying, you realised, since from the moment you were assigned a human to look after, to the moment they left with Tae, you seldom came into the headquarters, only on emergencies.