» Chapter 19 «

C H A P T E R 1 9

C H A P T E R 1 9

It was now the day of the festival, and once the moon had come out of its hiding place and replaced the sun on the sky, Baji and you had decided to head towards the festival. However, only Baji was on the streets right now, for he decided to wait for you outside, as a way to give you some privacy to change into your yukata.

While waiting, Baji couldn't help but think about what had happened only a few minutes ago, making him groan in embarrassment.

There was still some time for you guys to get ready and leave, so Baji was seating on the couch relaxing when he heard you leaving his room and shifting back into your human form – having just woken up from your daily nap.

"You don't understand it, Baji-san" You had told him one day. "These naps are just perfect. I can't explain it, but they feel so good on the body and the mind. And no, I'm not taking about cat naps, I'm talking about napping as a cat. They are cathartic."

Snickering at the memory, Baji turned his head to look at you, noting your dishevelled figure and sleepy eyes. "Mornin'."

"It's almost dinner time, Baji-san."

"One would say it's morning, with how much you slept. I really got a lazy Guardian, huh?"

"That's just mean, Baji-san" You whined, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. "Should we go get ready for the festival?"

"I won't take long; I just need to change clothes, then I'm ready to go. You can go after me, and we can meet downstairs."

"Just change clothes?" Your question caught him off guard. What else was he supposed to do?

Seeing the confusion on his face, you moved to stand behind him on the couch and took a strand of his hair in your hands. "You won't do anything to your hair?" At this, he shook his head, not having put too many thoughts on it. He saw you pout, before a contemplative look came across your face.

"Can I... Do you mind if I...?" He saw you gesture to his hair, but your eyes were locked on your feet, as if afraid of his answer. For a moment he was thankful for that, for that way you couldn't see the blush on his face at your words before he turned around so that he wasn't facing you.

"Do whatever you want." As soon as his words left his mouth, he felt a slightly shaky hand touch his hair, before you gained more confidence in your actions and started to comb it with your fingers, slightly scratching his head with your nails.

And honestly? Baji was almost embarrassed with the goosebumps that he could feel on his body and the groan that he almost let out at the feeling.

He wondered if he asked, you would to this more often.

He could imagine himself fall asleep to your gentle touch on his hair. There was something intimate about the action that made Baji's heart race and almost melt on the spot.