Part 9 - High For This

Start from the beginning

"Sh*t" you gasp.

"Alice? I didn't expect to see you here" Tony gets out of the bathroom with a wide smile on his lips and scratches his nose.

"I could say the same" you look at him and then behind him, noticing the woman that follows him.

"Does that mean I'll also stumble across Lewis or did you come back to your senses by any chance and left him?" he laughs.

He seems weird. His voice is higher, he's laughing more and his date is also the same. She even grabs onto his body and laughs loudly with him as you crease your eyebrows in confusion.

"Hopefully we won't have to cross each other" you shake your head.

"Why? I'd love to see you more" he gets more flirty and takes a step closer to you.

"You know why. Excuse me, I'll look for another restroom, I don't feel comfortable around this one" you shake your head.

"You felt comfortable around them when we were together" he chuckles.

"I can smell the alcohol on you from here, I think it's better if we don't continue this conversation" you gulp.

"If she can only understand the alcohol then we're okay" his date whispers and laughs.

"This is ridiculous" you sigh.

"D*mn right it is" he looks at her and they share a deep kiss right in front of your eyes.

They're not only kissing but they're also very expressive with their hands, pulling each other close and touching. It's definitely one of the sights you don't want to look at, it makes you nauseous. You take a few steps away from them now that they can't see you but you feel a hand pulling you back after some seconds. Before you even turn your head you know it's Tony and you're right.

"What?" you ask him angrily.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset you" he seems more serious this time.

"Don't worry about it" you look away and try to leave once again.

"Let me get you a drink" he reaches you again.

You know people around you have noticed the two of you and you really need this to stop. Being seen with Tony isn't what you want for yourself, especially when he's not himself like right now. Rumours can start way easily when Tony is involved and hurting your relationship with Ethan over nothing isn't optimal.

"I'm here with Ethan, go get your high girlfriend a drink" you look into his eyes.

"She's not my girlfriend" he chuckles.

"I don't care" you shake your head.

"What do you want me to do, Alice? You're mad that I'm with other women but you also don't want me to be with you. I really don't understand what I'm supposed to do here" he throws his hands in the air.

"Nothing. We're over, you can be with whoever you want to be with" you gulp.

"I want to be with you" he tries to hold your hands.

You avoid it and take him by surprise when you push him back against the wall behind you. His eyes get wide open and his confusion kills him when your hands start moving his way. But instead of touching him in a way that he was expecting, you zip his zipper which he forgot to take care of earlier and take a step back from him.

"Ethan will be wondering where I am" you say sternly and watch his eyes as they switch from hopeful to hurt.

"Right" he says quietly.

"Enjoy the rest of the night" you fix your hair as a distraction.

"You, too" he says and looks on the floor with disappointment.

You leave with fast steps, not wanting to be around him anymore. Rejecting him hurts you every single time. He's right, you're always giving him mixed signals but that's because your feelings are confused. You love him but you can't be with him, he's hurt you so much and it didn't work the previous times you gave it a shot.

You went back to Ethan, who was talking with some of his friends, and he immediately noticed that you were upset. He pulled you by your hand to a more quiet spot and looked into your eyes, trying to figure out what's wrong.

"What happened?" he asks.

"I just got overwhelmed by all these people and couldn't find you. I promise, I'm okay" you say but you know he didn't believe you.

"Alice.." he says.

"Please, let's go back to the party" you interrupt him.

He doesn't say anything, he just looks at you with concerned eyes. Knowing that he's not going to make it easy for you, you grab a drink from one of the waiters that walk around and almost drink it all with one sip. Ethan only looks at you with even more shock afterwards but you smile.

"I'm in the mood for some partying, come on" you say with excitement and pull him back into the crowd.

You continued with that mood for the rest of the night. Consuming one drink after another until you were dizzy and drunk. Ethan didn't have more than two drinks the whole night, first of all because he was driving and also because he was too worried about you to enjoy the moment as much.

"I've never seen you like this before" he tells you when you're back inside the car.

"I was just having fun, don't worry about me" you lean towards him and hug his arm.

"I saw Stark and I know he had something to do with it. You weren't having fun, you were upset" he speaks freely.

"I... I had a great time, thank you for bringing me" you kiss his cheek since he's focused on the road.

"You're welcome" he says after sighing.

You return to your seat and he brings his hand to you, caressing your hair and then your thigh quickly before returning it to the wheel. You were too tired to keep your eyes open for the rest of the drive and you had no recollection of how you ended up under the sheets and sleeping like a baby.

A/N

I absolutely love all your comments and votes, thank you so much♥️🫶🏻