Chapter 47 - Family

Start from the beginning

~

A few months after Asher was born, Ethan's mother wouldn't stop asking for another one and despite not being able to see Asher, there was still joy in her heart just by holding him and hearing every adorable sound he made.

When it was time for her to rest, Olivia took Asher from her before Angela led her to her bedroom.

As she slowly walked into the living room while talking to Asher, Ethan placed his hand on Olivia's shoulder from behind.

They shared a kiss, then she suggested he should leave or he would be stuck in traffic.

"In a few minutes." He smiled at Asher.

The two of them sat side by side, looking at their baby in her arms.

The soft murmur of Asher peacefully sleeping made Ethan reach for his little hand, and his tiny fingers immediately wrapped around his huge thumb.

Wanting to hold Asher, Ethan gently took him from Olivia with a smile plastered on his face.

He then placed one hand on Asher's butt and the other on the back of his head, holding him up while bringing him closer. He then closed his eyes as he planted a gentle kiss on his forehead, taking his time with it.

Just then, another soft murmur from Asher echoed through the room and Ethan and Olivia glanced at each other, smiling brightly.

"Ready for the next one?" He smirked.

She playfully gasped. "Not in front of our innocent little baby."

"I bet he wouldn't mind having a sibling."

She rested her head on his shoulder, suggestively looking at him. "If you keep talking like that, you might not make it to the office."

"Are you saying there's something to keep me here apart from holding my son?"

She looked away, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You should go or you'll be late."

"In the evening then?"

"What?"

"Evening it is." He kissed her on the neck.

When he was ready to go, he carefully gave Asher back to Olivia and the moment she had him in her arms, his soft cries echoed through the room.

"I guess he knows I'm not you," Olivia giggled.

As soon as Ethan held Asher again, he immediately stopped crying.

~

A few months later, on one particular evening, Ethan had told Olivia they wouldn't have dinner at home as he wished to be alone with her just for an hour at a special place.

She wasn't too much for the idea as she wanted to be home with Asher, but he told her Angela would be there and it was only for an hour.

It was only when he insisted several times that she agreed.

He even brought out a brand new dress and shoes he had bought for her as her outfit for that evening.

The dress perfectly clung to her body, just as he wanted it to, but whatever thoughts he had, of what he could do to her, they needed to wait as that wasn't at the top of his list that evening.

As they closely sat together in the backseat of their car, he held on tightly to her hand and couldn't stop kissing the back with passion in his eyes, making her look down with a smile plastered on her face.

"You look beautiful," he whispered, breathing on her neck.

"Easy there," she giggled, placing her hand on his chest.