Chapter 18 - A Moment Like No Other

For someone who usually didn't care what Ethan thought about her, Olivia got closer to look down at the pictures with a rapid movement of her head from left to right. She then looked at the picture Ethan had been staring at for the past few minutes in silence then got closer and held onto his arm. It was at that moment that he should have paid attention but his eyes were glued to the same picture, leaving her with no other choice than to speak and hope he would listen.

With distress in her tone, she made an effort to convince him that it wasn't what it looked like but before she could get to the end of it, Ms Hudson shut her up as she pushed her hand away from Ethan and questioned the audacity to deny the affair with Pete when the evidence was right in front of them.

Olivia sighed deeply before she could defend herself and just as she was about to explain what actually happened, Ms Hudson shut her up once again and warned her to stop thinking she would be given a chance to lie to them or flip the situation, not after what she had been doing behind her son's back.

As the confrontation left Olivia cornered, Angela only stood a few feet away with her hands together and maintained a poker face but wished she could get closer and stand by Olivia's side.

Ms Hudson was yet to give Olivia the chance to speak as she wondered why someone who had nothing after her father's scandal, cheated on Ethan.

Olivia narrowed her eyes at the mention of her late father and couldn't let it go. "How low of you to bring my father into this just to insult me further."

"Right! He's not the one who cheated on my son!" said Ms Hudson with mockery, then got closer to Ethan, picked up a picture and brought it near his face. "Look at this. Olivia's been sleeping with Pete. Just look at how many times he's been here!"

Not able to stand Ms Hudson's poisonous words, Olivia once again attempted to clarify that it wasn't the truth, only for Ms Hudson to deny her the chance to explain herself. She then revealed that she first heard of the affair between Pete and Olivia from a reliable source and that source had mentioned that the affair had been going on for a while.

"That baby isn't Ethan's and you know it!" Yelled Ms Hudson. "Wasn't it enough that you were good for nothing? Now you're also a slut? You don't deserve anything my son's been doing for you because this pregnancy isn't our concern."

"You've gone too far by calling me a slut," Olivia retorted.

"But that's what you are," shrugged Ms Hudson.

It seemed that Olivia finally had an opening to speak but such wasn't the case. Ms Hudson continued with her rant about Olivia's affair and even chuckled a few times but only out of scorn.

"Now that we know the truth, Ethan doesn't have to take care of you," said Ms Hudson. "Right this minute, pack your bags and leave this apartment. Pete will take full responsibility, as he should!"

"I'm not going anywhere," said Olivia with a scoff.

"How dare you? How shameless can you be? My son, are you seeing this?"

Ethan had been silent from the moment he saw the pictures and his mother began to rant and even heard her order Olivia to leave the apartment and further insult her when she stood her ground. He heard his mother's tone of voice turn more aggressive as she mentioned how shameless Olivia was, then mentioned the affair with Pete once again.

"You probably even cheated on my son with more than just Pete a-"

"Olivia would never do that," said Ethan, finally breaking his silence and shocking Olivia and his mother with his statement.

"What did you just say?" asked Ms Hudson.

"Olivia would never cheat on me," he said, looking up at his mother.