Chapter 7: Deadly Ritual

Start from the beginning

Before Erik or any of them could say anything, Zaiken grabs one of the goblets and hands it Durgon.

Durgon stares at the goblet with a lot of uncertainty and fear but he sees Zaiken staring at him with his greataxe in hand.

Durgon takes a deep breath and begins downing the liquid which he finds disgusting but powers through this drinking the entirety. He feels a similar sensation but the pain kicks in but he grits his teeth while grunting.

He sees multiple perspectives of Hell Spawns marching through some woods. Durgon yells out as his entire body burns greatly but he fights whatever is causing him this pain.

Erik and Fae'delar look on in worry seeing Zaiken watching on closely for the slightest mishap. Durgon eventually freezes stiff with his veins returning to normal as he falls back passing out.

Zaiken kneels touching his neck feeling a steady pulse.

"He'll live." Zaiken states as the others sigh in relief.

Rennirel grabs the goblet handing it to Fae'delar as he doesn't waste time drinking much to everyone's surprise. Fae'delar at first experiences great pain falling to his hands and knees as Rennirel preps to pull out his weapon.

"Don't! I can do this!" Fae'delar demands with his eye turning completely red and his veins bulging and burning. He punches the ground cracking it while yelling as he powers himself up.

Soon his eyes land on a Hell Spawn creature in the shape of a Dragon which looks him in the eyes and roars out at him.

Rennirel watches on cautiously seeing Fae'delar fall to the side but he catches him while touching his neck.

"He'll live." Rennirel says with massive relief as a lot of elves don't survive the ritual.

Erik locks eyes with Myra who gives him a look of hope and reassurance. Bailey approaches with the goblet in hand and gives it to him.

"If I don't make it through this, promise to help my mother get my brother back?" Erik whispers to Bailey.

"I promise." Bailey says touching his shoulder and backs away.

Erik exhales staring at the disgusting liquid and closes his eyes while taking a massive sip of this. He struggles momentarily but drinks it entirely dropping the goblet.

Erik feels massive sensory overload as his vision darkens to complete darkness causing temporary panic.

"Calm yourself, you'll get through this." The same voice from before hisses out.

Erik grunts out with some growls leaving him but Bailey is shocked by well he's taking this.

"Who... The fuck... Are you!?" Erik questions while turning in real time striking the wall nearby cracking it.

The other Wolf Commanders look in concern but Bailey motions them to give him time.

"Who do you think? Your ancestor, the one who made the blade you wield" The ancestor states.

Erik's vision of darkness turns to blistering flames causing him a great deal with pain as he yells out at the sky falling to his hands and knees. Zaiken's seen enough and approaches but He Who Kills suddenly glows red and Erik is surrounded by some magical barrier.

Everyone looks in shock as Zaiken strikes at the barrier but he's sent flying across the room.

"What the hell is happening?" Myra asks in disbelief as Bailey doesn't know what to say.

Erik's vision clears up as he sees a Hell Spawn standing before him. This one however is different, the way it moves and acts is entirely different, having much more discipline and looks much more humanoid than the other Hell Spawns having pointed ears but nothing like an elf's ears.