🔸🧡Alone Time🪐🔸

Start from the beginning

"No, I'm not." Venus perked up, clearly desperate for help. "Let me just tend to Eart-" Earth quickly cut Saturn off by shaking his head rapidly.

"Tend to Venus, I'll be alright on my own." Saturn gave him perturbed look. "Are you sure?" Earth hummed in response. Saturn knew Earth can be a stubborn planet when he wanted to, so he turned his attention away from him.

He already felt a bit pressured with so many things going on. But alas, kept going. "Mercury's panicking over the whole 'shrinking thing' humans came up with." Earth had a guilty look plastered on his face.

"Ah... that's my fault. I can help with that." Earth rubbed his arm, clearly downcasted by the thought of Mercury being terrified by something his life forms said.

Venus nodded her head and dashed off to Mercury. "W-wait!-" Earth tumbled as he struggled to catch up. They were both drifting off into the distance not long after.

Saturn sighed, he was famished. He could use a long break right now.

That was, until he heard a faint voice

"Saturn!-" it was muffled due to the long distance, Saturn mentally groaned, he can either tell them he's occupied, walk away, or disregard them. What a dilemma this was.

He'll just tell them he's busy. Saturn mentally prepared himself, and turned around.

To his surprise, it was Jupiter who was calling out for him. A drained and worn out jupiter. Saturn raised his brow.

"Did you run all the way here?" Jupiter gasped for air before replying, "I was worried too many planets were disturbing you." He panted shortly after.

Worried? For him? Saturns eyes softened at Jupiter. A soft small smile placed on his lips.

A grin flashed on his face, "I was fine, only 2 planets and some moons asked for help." Saturn contemplated if his memory was accurate, "If we're counting Mars... Then thr-"

He was cut off by a pair of hands softly encircling his wrists together, paired with a mournful look. "They didn't ask for too much, did they?"

Saturn blinked multiple times, clearly dumbfounded of the current situation. He snapped back to reality when he realized Jupiter asked him a question.

"Just simple favors, that's all." Saturn appreciated Jupiters concern.

Slowly, Jupiter gently let go of Saturns wrists, concern still evident, but much less than before.

"Are you free?" Jupiter speculated his schedule, contemplating if planets were still gonna ask for help.

He sighed in resentment, "If I'm being honest, I have no clue." Jupiter shook his head in dismay. Oh, how he wished he could be with Saturn. But responsibilities are first.

Saturn hummed, he had a somewhat identical situation to Jupiter. It's unknown when a stampede of planets may ask for your help.

"Jupiter!!" Something grabbed onto his sleeve, wet tears drenched his shirt.

"I-Io??" Jupiters face morphed into one of concern, when he saw one of his moons wailing into the sleeve of his shirt. Even Saturn was apprehensive. Io was typically a cheerful moon, it must be pretty big if Io, of all moons, is crying.

Saturn knew Jupiter needed some time to comfort Io, and get things sorted out, He quietly backed away.

When he was far enough, he profoundly exhaled.

The word "later" lingered in his head. With how busy they both were, it was out of the question they would be able to spend time with each other.

Saturn pursed his lips, and rubbed his arm in shame. What was he even thinking? Of course they would have time to be with each other. Someday.

He just has to finish aiding as many planets as possible. Then he can sort out this predicament.

🌇━⁠☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚🌃

Saturn sat down, all his hard work was paid off, the view was beautiful. Tiny little sparks of different colors all illuminated the dark abyss of space.

It all felt like a dream, really. The view was glorious, and he finally got a break. That, or Saturn feels like he's dreaming due to lack of sleep.

Either way, he didn't have enough energy to care.

He chuckled softly as he recalled memories, he let the flow of nostalgia carry his thoughts away.

Saturn was so in trance, he didn't realize someone sat next to him. His reminisces abruptly stopped when he noticed a figure next to him.

He already knew who it was based by his aura, calm and collected. Yet a tint of affection was present. Jupiter. "I told you I'd make some time, no?" He chuckled, earning a small laugh from Saturn.

However, to his dismay Jupiter looked at him with sorrow. "You sound tired" Saturn softly smiled, "It's been a long day, that's all."

Though, the longer Saturn was awake, the harder it was to stay conscious.

Saturn squinted his eyes, clenching his fists in the process. Sleep was tugging at him, yet he wouldn't surrender. Every second made it harder.

Eventually he gave in, Saturn leaned his head on Jupiters shoulder, respiring a sigh.

He couldn't comprehend what was happening anymore. It was all a mess. Fatigue was taking over.

Jupiter looked over at the distressed planet, it was obvious Saturn was trying to stay sentient. Scrunched up eyebrows, squinting his eyes, clenched fists, Jupiters eyes eased at him.

Amused at how long Saturn resisted the urge to sleep, he let out a breathy chuckle, Shaking his head in the process.

"It's okay to sleep, Saturn. Like you said, it's been a long day, no?" Saturn smirked. "Touché." His smirk quickly faded into one of woe, Saturn shook his head.

"I'm not sure we'll have free time again, I want to enjoy it, Jupiter." Saturn faintly smiled, staring off into the horizon of space.

Jupiters eyes widened. He was now perceiving the situation, a wave of guilt washed over him.

Jupiter placed his hand onto Saturns hand in a lovingly way. "Don't worry about that anymore. From now on, I'll make some time, okay?" Saturn stirred.

"It's okay, Jupiter. We'll have some time anyw-" Jupiter squeezed his hand lightly, it didn't take words for a simple message to convey; sleep.

Saturn sighed, slowly closing his eyes, his vision went black as sleep engulfed him. Jupiter could tell Saturn was asleep, due to the soft snoring after a short while.

Jupiter smiled. "What did I ever do to deserve a planet like you?" He whispered, careful to not wake him up.

Jupiter wrapped an arm around his waist and another around his back, slowly falling asleep as well.

The mingled sounds of space was calming. He held a tight grasp on his gas giant.

Sleep eventually tugged at him too, he quickly accepted the offer, drifting off into a peaceful slumber.

*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚+

Thank you @A_B_A_D for requesting this, It was a lovely experience writing this! 🪐
-side note for readers, Jupiter and Saturn aren't usually this busy! ☆゚

Have a wonderful day! 🌩️🤍