Chapter One

Bickering is what filled the household every time the couple visited each other. They were actually more than a couple, they were each other's fiancé's.

"I don't know why you're getting frustrated with me!" The man yelled, putting his clothes in his duffle bag.

"Because you never make time for me!" Carrie shouted back, throwing her hands into the air. "We're going to be married in a couple of months and you can't even stay with me for more than a day. We never hang out anymore!" It was true, he'd come for a day and they wouldn't see each other for another four days. This was absurd considering he only lived two cities away.

"I'm sorry that I have a life, Carrie," He was angry and so was she. "Everything can't revolve around you."

"I never asked for everything to revolve around me," she rolled her eyes. "I just want to spend time with my future husband."

"Well maybe I don't want to be your future husband," he mumbled, throwing his bag over his shoulder. Carrie stood there shocked at the words that came out of his mouth. "I'm sorry, I didn't me-"

"Get out of my house, Troy," Carrie's voice cracked. She slipped the engagement ring off of her finger and threw it at his chest. "We're done."

"Carrie, baby, I'm sorry," Troy tried to apologize. He walked closer to Carrie and tried to pull her into a hug.

"Do NOT call me baby," she furrowed her eyebrows. She crossed her arms and looked to the side, "please just leave." She tried her hardest to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Troy picked up the ring that was thrown at him and made his way out of the one-story house, making sure to slam the door on his way out.

Carrie's instinct was to call her best friend. Her tears had already been running down her cheeks when her friend answered. "Hey, Ives," she sniffed, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Hey, Care- Are you crying?" Ivey asked, becoming suspicious. Before Carrie could reply Ivey already beat her to it. "I'll be over in five minutes," she said, hanging up.

Carrie threw herself back and laid on her bed, feeling tears roll down the side of her face. She didn't know why she was sad over ending things with a man that didn't truly care about her. Did she ever love him? That's a question that even she couldn't answer herself.

Five minutes later, Ivey arrived and was ready to kick butt. She welcomed herself into the house and walked straight into Carrie's room with heavy steps.

"WAS IT TROY? WHERE IS HE?" Ivey questioned in almost a yell.

"Ivey, calm down," Carrie snickered, wiping away tears. She admired how Ivey was always there for her. She was always ready to beat up anyone that messed with her best friend. Let alone, made her best friend cry. "It's not that big of a deal."

"It is a big deal," Ivey practically shouted, "no one. I mean no one makes my best friend cry. Especially HIM." Her black hair fell in her face as she spoke.

Carrie lifted herself off of the bed and put her hands on Ivey's shoulders. "I just broke up with him, that's all," she said calmly. Her friend's presence made the situation better.

"Oh," Ivey let out a nervous laugh. "Was it because of him not being here and stuff?" She asked, Carrie's hands sliding off of her shoulders.

"Yep," Carrie replied. She sighed and sat back down on the bed. "I broke it off when he said 'well maybe I don't want to be your future husband'." She admitted.

"He said that?" Ivey asked, getting angry again. "I swear if I see him ever again I'm going to stick my foot so far up his-"

"Hey, hey, hey," Carrie laughed, stopping Ivey from finishing her sentence. "The three years with him were just a waste anyway. I don't deserve a man like him." She signed and played with her fingertips.

"Yeah," Ivey agreed, "he wasn't a great guy. You deserve and need someone way better! How about we take your mind off of all of this? You wanna go to the Whiskey Bent Saloon?" The Whiskey Bent Saloon was a bar in downtown Nashville.

"Why not?" Carrie shrugged. She knew she needed to take her mind off of Troy and this seemed to be the only solution. "Let me just change into better clothes and fix my makeup." She rummaged through her closet to find the right outfit for going out. "Do you need to borrow jeans, a shirt, or even shoes?" Carrie asked, suppressing her laugh while putting on her tight jeans. They were both the same size and frequently shared clothing.

"Sure," Ivey smiled, looking down at her sweatpants, sweatshirt, and old running shoes. They both laughed at her outfit. "By the way," Ivey started, "did you keep the ring?"

"Heavens no!" Carrie replied, "why would I keep it?"

"You could have kept it and sold it on eBay for extra dough," Ivey laughed while wiggling her eyebrows. "Everyone needs extra money, even celebrities like you."

"I guess so," Carrie slightly agreed. She handed Ivey a pair of jeans and a blouse. "Let me just apply a small amount of makeup and we'll go."

The two single ladies were both looking forward to a fun night with no men to worry about. Carrie was the one looking forward to it the most. It was her first time going out as a single woman in three years.

A/N - I've started a new story! Hopefully you all will really enjoy it :) Make sure to comment and vote
Xoxo